Exile; A movie?

Bloodhearte

To fit an approx. 100 minute format, you'd have to brutally edit it, maybe one E3 plague and exploring the three way nuances between Erika, Prazc and Rentar. Contrast the average length of a movie + information-richness (not!)with how long Exile takes to play through. + Jeff would like the royalties, I'm sure.

As I've said in all the previous discussions of Exile movies, the Exile plot just doens't lend itself to a non-game format. The characters in your party have no personality, and any created characters would disappoint people whose characters are different. Then there's the way the plot is general and most of your time is spend hacking and puzzling through dungeons or searching for newer, better equipment. This doesn't make for a good movie. The real beauty of the Exile games is the background details Jeff put in about his world, but most of those would be lost in a movie.

—Alorael, who thinks any Exile-based movie would be so different from the games that the die-hard Exile fans (denizens of these boards) would be up in arms over the changes.

I'm still holding out for Alan Rickman as Solberg. Maybe Leonardo DiCaprio could play a bandit, or a goblin...just some character who dies a brutal death and doesn't get much stage time.

In one of the other topics discussing the movie idea, someone suggested Demi Moore as Erika. I thought that wasn't a bad idea, actually. Not knowing all that many decent actors/actresses, though, I can't suggest anyone else. Although Viggo Mortensen, as we all know, works quite well as the scruffy adventuring type...

Franka Potente of Run, Lola, Run could play Erika, Gwyneth Paltrow or Nicole Kidman Prazac, Judi Dench Linda. Solberg? Anthony Hopkins. Alan Rickman is more like Anaximander in my opinion. Besides, he deserves lots of screen time.

As for Leo, along with Tom Cruise and Brad Pitt they could be GIFTS. Can't you see it? All pointy faces and shaggy hair and scrawny body. Perfect.

But Anaximander is supposed to be small and ratty. Sounds like Tom Cruise to me!

I'm not sure, but I thought the description of Prazac said she was supposed to be tiny, so I doubt Nicole Kidman would work. I'm not sure who I picture as Prazac...just someone small and blond.

And I still say Viggo should be...well, if not Jenneke, because everyone still seems to think that Jenneke is female, then perhaps Michael or Feodoric. I can see Viggo Mortensen as a scruffy priest.

Who would play Chevyn?

Leonardo DiCaprio would make an excellent Chevyn. It's a role so bad that no amount of botching can ruin it.

Jenneke could be played by Michael Jackson. It's a different kind of scary ambiguity, but nobody else could take the role without equal plastic surgery and makeup.

—Alorael, who isn't familiar with enough actors to cast many roles. However, it's obvious that at least one vahnatai has to be Drakefyre, and Alec would probably make a good vahnatai as well.

I'd be SsssTsss(SP?) Slith King, later killed by humans. Yeah I know it's pathetic, but a fun role none the less.

Ben Affleck can play Hawthorn. Cause Affleck's evil. That and he sucks at being a super hero.

Ben's buddy Matt can be the king of exile. I can't remember the king's name, but you know what I'm talking about.

Quote:
Originally posted by Little Miss Agoraphobia:
I'm not sure, but I thought the description of Prazac said she was supposed to be tiny, so I doubt Nicole Kidman would work. I'm not sure who I picture as Prazac...just someone small and blond.
How'bout Reese Witherspoon? I'm not sure if she fits the height description, though.
Ian McKellen and Christopher Lee for the two Triad people, too! Do you think they'll agree to be magicians again? Or Ian McKellen for Ernest or another character with a Wizard graphic.

EDIT: Yay, I'm a Veteran! laugh

To keep the Exile style, it would be fitting to have one character per monster graphic except in cases when that doesn't work, like in a scene with dozens of goblins or townsfolk milling about in droves. Still, one guy playing all the triad mages (male and female) and identical blacksmiths would definitely be fitting.

—Alorael, who supposes this means the actors for these "generic" roles would have to be as average and nondescript as possible. Maybe an entire cast of people who are virtually unknown would do the job well.

Kinda like they did in "Wuthering Heights," where they had Juliette Binoche play all the Cathys. (It seems like there are more Cathys than there really are...all the Earnshaws, and the Lintons, and the Heathcliffs, and the Linton Heathcliffs, and the Heathcliff Earnshaws, and the Heathcliff Heathcliffs, and the multitude of Catherines...it really does seem like there are more than two [three?] of them.)

Please. Have you seen the robes on that Erika graphic? I'd say that almost counts as gratuitous nudity!

That would be an interesting scene, though. As the six brave adventurers step into the immense entrance hall of Erika's citadel, she appears before them in a mystical flash of light...completely naked...

No, the nudity could be worked in more subtlely, if no more tastefully, by having random clothes destruction during the fight between Erika and Rentar-Ihrno. You know, sooner or later those fireballs and magical blasts have to take a toll on one's apparel.

—Alorael, who also supposes the movie could add a steamy romance between, say, Erika and Solberg. No, it doesn't make sense. It's gratuitous!

I wish I had the pashion for BoE and the rest of the Exile series like I used to have when I was a wee-er lad. I have no original ideas for the Movie, heh.

BUT, it COULD work out like a J.R.R Tolkien thing...first movie, Fellowship of the Rings. Second movie, the Two Towers.

First movie, conclusion to Escape from the Pit. Second movie, Chapter 1 of Crystal Souls.

Get my logic here?

The best casting would definitely be the Collect Lady as a naga (only because there aren't any medusas to be played). Think of the horror - the adventurers plummet through the floor in the giant caverns and find themsleves surrounded by the most terrifying visages ever to exist on Ermarion (sp?).

Steven Segall should play the Mad Monks. That way he could to any sorts of crazy, stupid stunts and they would fit right in. Also, he would continue the trend of being almost utterly invincible (Executive Descision is the only movie where Segall actually dies).

And yes, DeCaprio would make a perfect Chevyn.

Yall are going in the completely wrong direction for a movie. Carmen Electra should play Erika, Pamela Lee should be Prazac, David Hasselhoff should be Anaximander. The Heroes should be played by various blondes in tight red, skimpy outfits. The movie should be called ExileWatch. Great cast for the perfect movie.

Nobody's being racist, Mariner. Don't accuse us before we've even said anything.

Now I'm picturing the Erika/Rentar fight as being like that horrible, horrible Budweiser commercial, where the women get into a "Tastes great" vs. "Less filling" argument and end up ripping each other's clothes off and mud-wrestling in front of a crowd of drooling guys. Men are so tasteless--but of course, the movie would have to be directed by a man, because good female directors just don't seem to exist, and so Erika and Rentar probably would end up mud-wrestling in their undies. Gag.

Am I being cynical? Sorry.