A2: Buyable skills

I'm near to finishing A1 (and may not finish it, but that is another topic altogether)

I'm getting ready to start A2 and I'm curious to know what skills are purchasable so I can avoid spending skill points.

For instance, in A1 you can purchase Cave Lore, 5 points per character. Since that is more than enough to get you through the game, there is no need to train in that skill ever. Later in the game you can also buy 5 points in Bows. While spending a couple of points here is a good thing if you have archers, holding off on training Bow skill until after you buy the first 5 levels also makes sense.

So, now that I am moving on to A2, what skills can I buy? Not special skills, mind you, just regular skills. I really hate training up a skill and then realizing that I basically wasted precious skill points on something I could just as easily bought.

One note for those of us who are not Sss-Chah: there's a drake fairly late in the game who, each time you pay him, will give every character a point of Magery if they haven't hit 10 yet. This is after you get the opportunity to buy Magery for individuals up to 5, and also after you find a crystal that trains you in it for 3 points. The crystal in particular is worth hanging on to, since once you've hit 10 you can use it to get 13 (at least, I think so. I never had the opportunity to test this . . .)

Originally Posted By: The Mystic
And Magery, which you can't train in and is very expensive, and (I think) Mage Spells. If A2 has Find Herbs (also not trainable), I think you can buy it too.

I left Magery away cause it can't be trained and yes A2 has Find Herbs but not trainable or bought unless has Wendy in group who has 1 point, 1 point in FoH is gotten when completing 1 quest.

Full list of skills and are those trainable/worth of training or just boughttable is on walkthrough.