Torment difficulty

Altair

All enemies have much more HP and stronger attacks: beyond the early stages of the game, they'll almost never miss you, and when they hit they'll do more damage. Enemies also have a higher chance to evade attacks, which isn't usually a problem unless you're trying to do something like kill an optional boss with low-tier creations.

If you know what you're doing, Torment isn't that hard, but you'll certainly notice the difference between Torment and Normal.

The main difference is that you almost always need to go into fights buffed with haste, war blessing, and protection after the first few zones. Later on in the game you need augmentation, essence shield or armor, and you should have regeneration.

Fights last longer so you rarely can just kill everything with a single attack.

Originally Posted By: Thuryl
All enemies have much more HP

I don't think so. Torment doesn't seem to increase HP in every Spiderweb game. In GF4, Torment doesn't seem to affect HP at all. In A5, on the other hand, ALL enemies have twice as much HP on Torment (which may not have been a completely good design decision - some bosses like the Black Horror become drawn-out, boring battles).

Originally Posted By: The Lurker

I don't think so. Torment doesn't seem to increase HP in every Spiderweb game. In GF4, Torment doesn't seem to affect HP at all. In A5, on the other hand, ALL enemies have twice as much HP on Torment (which may not have been a completely good design decision - some bosses like the Black Horror become drawn-out, boring battles).

You are right the HPs are the same. I finished the Shaila chapter and i'm going to betray the caravan.

It seems thorns hit more often than my fireball so im using them for now. Also the Daze spell is a life savior. Inspired by Delicious Vlish's Warrior challenge i created a Cryoa that im going to keep til the end which i plan to back up with a wingbolt and a Rothorgoth(in my easy playthrough i had one that kicked ass) for dmg absortion. Have any better suggestions?

Originally Posted By: Master Ackrovan
Agreed. However, War Tralls are pretty effective against a Gazer or and Eyebeast. Two Tralls taking on a gazer have a fair chance of bringing it down, ironicly.

The Last Archon

Hey, you know what else has a fair chance of taking a gazer down? Another gazer. It'll cost you less essence, too.

Umm, I couldn't agree with you less. Gazers are strong against magical damage, which last time I checked is what the kill spell basicly is: a lance of magic. War Tralls, on the otherhand, throw rocks, which causes Physical damage, which isn't a strong resistant of the gazer; in fact its a weak one. With more health to boot, a single high level War Trall can hold against a gazer. Two, and they'll win. Note this experimantation was on Tricky and Torment.

The Last Archon

Originally Posted By: Master Ackrovan
Umm, I couldn't agree with you less. Gazers are strong against magical damage, which last time I checked is what the kill spell basicly is: a lance of magic.

Exactly. Gazers are strong against magical damage, which is why you want to use one against an enemy that attacks with magic, like, you know, a Gazer. You can heal, it can't, so you'll easily outlast it. By far the safest way to fight Gazers and Wingbolts is with your own Gazers and Wingbolts.

The fight-gaze-with-gaze idea is certainly the most efficient in essence, but is it more efficient in time? It can be tedious to slowly wear down magic-resisting enemies with magical attacks. But then again, tralls violate the weak energy condition so dramatically, they might not even help with this.