Max Skills?

MRI

I've been try Doom Moon II with 1 character, and it's incredibly difficult.

Do you know where I can find one a good god-party type scenario (they just supply you with super powerful armor correct?)?

So there isn't any way to increase your skills beyond their max? I assumed that since it was open source now, it would be easy.

You'd have to edit the source code. Note also that there are caps on spell damage. (In particular, the Kill and Firestorm damage caps are reversed for monsters and players.)

As for a God-party scenario... Try Thuryl's Demon Armor. A better one (Undoomvahgaz Armor) Used to be available, but only by email request and its creator disappeared.

Alternatively, you could create your own using the Super Editor.

Meanwhile some advice on beating tough scenarios...

- In magical terms, you party is not very powerful. At low levels you can sling fireballs around, but at high levels you have to be more efficient. Bless and haste yourself at the beginning of combat. If you have invuln spells, use them. Get good (preferably flaming or frightening) weapons. Avoid stinking clouds if possible, they can be deadly. Be warned that the Magic Resistant status does not completely protect from slowing and cursing.

- On a similar note, frightening weapons are severely underrated. Frightened monsters will run, giving you free hits, and seem less likely to attack or cast spells (always a good thing). Vampiric is also nice, since it heals you.

- It's tempting to just cast Avatar at the beginning of combat, but the spell is actually not very powerful - its invulnerability doesn't last long and it gives a rather low level of blessing instead. At least follow it up with a Bless spell if you intend to do serious damage. A better combo is Major Blessing and Protection, which will make you invulnerable, magic resistant, blessed, and hasted for a long time.

- Luck is your friend. It gives you a plus to hit, makes you more likely to dodge attacks, and most importantly increases your chances not dying when taking a hit at 0 HP. A lot makes your PC tougher to kill than Superman, but even a little helps.

- On a related note, Dexterity is almost useless. Blessing does the same thing better.

- Using New Market City between scenarios can help, if you feel cheaty; it has cool items like +2 AP Boots of Speed.

- Finally: alchemy is helpful, as potions only take a few AP to quaff.

Also, you can do some really cool things with the scenario editor. Projectile weapons of all kinds, for instance. Want Thor's Hammer? Just make an ammo-less projectile weapon with max stats and the Lightning ability at 10. You could also make a vampiric war yoyo, an exploding boomerang, whatever.

If you really want a quick and simple God Party:

Use Rabbitlord's 'Ultimate Party Maker' to quickly raise your Party to the max.

Then equip the Party at the 'Cheater's Paradise'.

If that don't do it, it can't be done. ;^}

Personally, I think there are too many 'High-Level' Scenarios out there. The exception would be any the are sequential and use the same Party throughout.

I'm still looking for those...

me

Originally Posted By: Jewelz
Originally Posted By: Miramor
A better one (Undoomvahgaz Armor) Used to be available, but only by email request and its creator disappeared.

Did he really disappear? If he's not answering e-mails anymore I can upload my copy. (Actually I think I already have it uploaded just not linked.)

Yeah, last I checkd (some time last year) he wasn't responding to emails.