A1 - can't cast priest spells

hello all, first post

just got into playing the demo of avernum and it seems pretty cool. but my cleric can't cast priest spells, in combat or outside of combat. but the mage has no problems. wondering what the deal is. is it my computer? running this on a macbook.

any help would be much appreciated. those bandits are just laughing at me and i just want to get some help to bash their heads in!

Does your priest have points in the Priest Spells skill? Was your priest created with those points? If you added them after character creation, spells aren't automatically added and you need to buy them from someone who can teach spells. If you do that, you need to make sure that you buy spells for the right character, not the first character in your party (often a fighter).

—Alorael, who can think of one other simple problem. Hitting 'M' brings up the mage spell list. 'P' brings up the priest spell list. They're not the same. 'C' will give you a way to cast anything and everything.

Don't be ashamed, happens all the time. You should've seen my first attempt to play an all-magic party in Nethergate...

And welcome! Have fun playing, and leave your sanity at the door!

(Sorry if anybody feels offended. I know I'm not really part of the forum family, but I really wanted to say that myself at least once *g*)