A3 - Cockroach Quest

I have completed the cockroach quest and destroyed the filth factory, but the mayor seems to have absconded from Shayder - it says his office is abandoned. Is this because I left it too long before completing the quest, and does this mean I now get no reward for doing it (other than training in the Tower of Magi of course)?

The Mayor has moved to I think the hospital because you took too long. Look around since the longer you take, the more people move and the cities get destroyed.

Jeff keeps all the essential quest people alive even if they move. Some people have been known to disappear that are for deliveries.

No, no, the slimes still attack the City and he dies in the attack, even if you've finished the slime quest.

You come back to the town, I think it's after the Tower of Magi disaster and the map is all black again (like you haven't explored) and there are lots of holes in the wall and so on.

Oh and the mage in the Mayor's offices (the one experimenting on the slimes) is also dead as well. I'm not sure if she dies in the attack or if her experiments finally got her.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Is there anywhere that has a timeline of when certain things will occur? I'm kinda rushing about on my file because I'd rather not have the cities get destroyed (Regardless of whether it'd close off quests or not... though if it does that'd be a very big reason). I managed to complete the slime quest on day 9, and I'd like to know if I have time to dawdle and earn some gold and xp, or if I should rush straight off to doing the cockroach quest.

Edit: Also, can setting the day back ever cause problems? Like, if I set the day back before I did a certain event, will that cause an issue, or does it only impact things where you have to wait a certain number of days, or the town degradation, or other stuff?