How many of us actually play BoE?

Eclipse

Yeah, I'm still playing a lot. But not as much as at first, since now I'm working A LOT on making my new scenarios.

Oh, by the way, I started a brand new party and you were right, Almighty Doer of Stuff. We do need some more beginner scenarios. Most of the ones I tried killed my new party with no problem.

So as soon as I finish making the two harder ones, I'll devote some time to that. The kids have some ideas for easy scenarios too, so I'll be releasing theirs if they ever finish them. ;-)

I started with the Exile Trilogy a little over 5 years ago.

I enjoyed the TSR D&D games when our sons were growing up and wanted to do something like this as I was reaching retirement age, (b. 07 Apr 1941).

I'm only a mediocre player and had left some of the higher level scenarios incomplete and/or missed a lot in many of them. Although I prefer the searching to the fighting, the things I miss are often the simplest.

I started a hobby in writing Walk-Throughs for the Scenarios and now that I can access the scentext files am able to go back and make the Walk-Throughs more complete.

I still have a difficult time understanding the BoE Program, so I have a couple that I haven't figured out, but will probably keep doing this for as long as there are Scenarios to play.

Which brings me back to one of the original questions. I feel that there are many of us out here that still and will play if there are Authors who will write. So, yes, keep writing; not only for my/our sake, but for your own.

me

Originally Posted By: BainIhrno
I'm been playing BoE since 2002, and I beat almost all the scenarios now, and I'm working on a BoE scenario at the moment.

What are your favorite scenarios so far?

I have played 37 senarios now. I first put them in folders of rating and play random ones. I have enjoyed most of them but the ones that stand out are Emulations, The Forsaken Series, Falling Stars, Redemption, and Truffle Days, among many others I simply don't remember.

I'm starting At the Gallows right now, it should be an interesting play.

• 3 weeks later...

Must be quite a long time - maybe be more than eight years - I remember I discovered the game at a time I did not have a permanent internet connection - it was Win 3.11 then? - had to hunt for time to dnld scenarios!

I've just installed the 32bit version on a Vista PC and plan to have another go at The Gallows too smile just to keep the scent warm. No time catching up with the forum, though...

I still hope there might be a way - eventually - to be able to play them all once more...

• 3 weeks later...

I have had the game since it was released, along with the other Exile games. There are tons of better RPGS now, but I love the 2D feel of the game. Sometimes I just prefer playing this over games like Oblivion and I actualy feel it has more depth. I am still making my own scenarios to this date, and I've played a good many of other peoples scenarios.

With the Open-Source available now, the game is HIGHLY customizable too. I'm quite the sprite artist myself and I always love spending a bit of odd time messing about and drawing up my own monsters and characters.