I don't find the wheel to open the grate

Mimi

Quote:
Originally written by *i:
There isn't one, I believe. You should be able to find the four pieces of research, however.
Are the 4 pieces of research corresponded to the 4 challenges ? because I have succeed the forth challenges, the last one was with the golems, but that doesn't change anything. Meanwhile if these 4 pieces are books, as you see on the screenshot I can't reach one of them without open the grate confused

No, the books have nothing to do with the adventurer's tests you find in the game. (there's 6 of them anyway)

And what *i meant was that there are books like that lying around elsewhere. There's more than four scattered throughout the tower, so you don't have to get the one from behind the gate (which you can't open anyway).

thank you very much, but I have only 2 books, I have sold 2 others, that's why I need this book behind this grate.And there is one thing that I don't understand when you say that this grate doesn't open, what becomes all the black area which is behind it ? Look at the screenshot (the first one at the beginning of the topic)... Are sure that this black area can't be visited. confused

The reward given for these notes by Mariah the librarian is the key to open these 2 doors ?

av2.jpg

I think it's a big problem with the games Geneforge and Avernum (not in rpg games like NWN, Baldur and so on)

the better could be, 3 solutions :

1) not possible to sell objects needed for quest

2) like Baldur's gate : a well where we can find the objects thrown or sold by error.

3) possibility to buy again, the objects sold by error, at the merchants shops. Even with very high prices.

Quote:
Originally written by scottk:
I was trying to get the oozing sword. There was another fine waveblade near the very end. All of these end-of-game artifacts are very nice, in fact! smile
That's the problem. Most of the useful and fine artifacts come so late in the game that you don't have any real use for them afterall.
Somewhat disappointing.

I saw the list of items somewhere and there's about four or five found in Rentar's Fortess. They could be the best items in the game (for all I know, they are) and they would be about as useful as pyroroamers. Artifacts at the end only work if they give you an ability to go back and do something that you couldn't have done before.

At least, that is Dikiyoba's opinion.