A4 - End Game

Stefano

One of the panels on the lower level frees them, the others make the final battle and passage to it easer. I do not believe you need to free them to win the game, however. If you feel you are strong enough, you can try to go down the main corridor without them.

Jeff made one panel tool use 16 just to screw with everyone's minds.

The final battle isn't that bad even as a singleton in Torment mode. R-I just summons help that summon more help. If you turn off all the panels, then there is less to fight. I missed the one to stop the golems, and they weren't that bad.

The Vahnatai Lord isn't too bad either. He can't parry area attacks like Icy Rain. The same problem you had with Nodicuas comes back to haunt the monsters.

I thought the end was too easy. It doesn't make the top 3 fights. For me they were Nodicuas, getting Demonslayer, and that Gazer in the dungeon with Demonslayer. I know Jeff said that he wanted an easier end after complaints about a Geneforge end, but the Torment version should have a special script to give a true challenge.

Increasing R-I's health so the battle takes longer isn't the problem. The choice menu for actions taken needs to be increased. Hrickis and Nodicuas had enough different options so it was somewhat interesting. They were also a challenge because they were significantly higher level than the player's level would normally be at the time they were first encountered.

R-I has two summoned creatures, the energy balls, and 3 scripted attacks. In A3 she has a better scripted fight than this one. Even the liches are better scripted for their fight options.

I fought her as a singleton without my Vahnatai allies. I got down the stairs ahead of them and killed everything myself. It should have been harder. The only problem was I got into a stun loop where I didn't get an attack.