dispel barrier please!!!!

You can do it easily with one mage and/or priest. Park your party outside the room with the "blue guy". Haste the mage first, and send him in just far enough to see Blue Guy. Douse Blue Guy with acid, and then move the mage back out of the Blue Guy's line of sight until you can't see him anymore. Make sure your party is all further back also out of sight. If you haste your priest and can work it, send him just into the room to hit Blue Guy with Repel Spirit and move him out of sight before the end of each turn. If you keep your party out of sight at the end of each turn, the worst Blue Guy will do is summon some annoying critters which you can kill in between as necessary. Keep dousing Blue Guy with acid and Repel Spirit until he dies. As long as you are never in sight at the end of your turn, he can and will never attack you with anything directly.

Ugh, that tactic above is so cheap. If you want something more fulfilling...

I did this on torment. My first reccomendation is to not worry about it for a while. You gotta get your party members enough health that they won't get killed in one round. Later in the game you should have enough health that you can take a hit or two and still have a sliver of life left.

Even once you have enough health, it's still a very hard fight. Augment, bless, shield, haste, use every buff you have before entering the room. Cast slow on the demon multiple times, until he can only do one attack per round (I don't think it's possible to slow him to the point he can't attack at all). Cast a few summoning spells, even if the creatures you create can't do much damage they'll at least serve as extra targets.

Good luck! Dispell barrier is worth it.

Actually, Prismatic Shield won't help against dazing, since it doesn't provide mental shielding. (It's worth using anyway, though, since the demon can also freeze you.)

Honestly, though, I had no real difficulty with that fight. It helped that my fighter had 10 Parry by that point, so I could just park him directly in front of the demon, having him draw the attacks from the demon and all its summoned monsters while taking virtually no damage from any of them.

prismatic shield doesn't work too well. i beat it having my whole party in the line of sight. (tho i used a invulnerability potion on my fighter.

i had my mage acid each turn, then eventually started with lightning when acid was doing 30-40pts damage.

the priest does better with smite than repel spirit i found.

With any well-constructed party, this fight really shouldn't be too difficult, even in the line of sight. The method I described is the quick and easy way if you just want to get it over with, and also, what I had to do with my singleton in my last game. With four, it doesn't matter too much if one or two PC's get terrified or frozen for a few turns.

Hello,

I don't understand why the title "spell barrier" is used here. But I have problem with spell barrier, evry time the blue "crystal" is too weak and I'm at Almeria and I have a lot of barriers let beside me and I don't remeber all of them overall those which are in the caves confused

Why there are not more crystal for dispell barrier and where we can find spell barrier crystal stronger ?

Priest or Mage can dispell these barrier with a spell ?

Than uou for your help

(sorry I don't understand all of this topic cause my bad english)

I'm not sure that I completely understand what you're asking, but I'll give some information anyway, and if it isn't what you wanted, ask again.

You can get the spell "Dispel Barrier" by completing a quest in the Tower of Magi. The quest involves fighting a demon. This thread is about that fight. With Dispel Barrier, you can dispel any barriers that need to be dispelled in the game. (You do not need to dispel all barriers, though.)

Quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:
I'm not sure that I completely understand what you're asking, but I'll give some information anyway, and if it isn't what you wanted, ask again.

You can get the spell "Dispel Barrier" by completing a quest in the Tower of Magi. The quest involves fighting a demon. This thread is about that fight. With Dispel Barrier, you can dispel any barriers that need to be dispelled in the game. (You do not need to dispel all barriers, though.)
I understand better now wink

The Tower of Magi, not before...

confusedconfusedconfused

And did u remember of all the places where there was a barrier to move ?

I can't know that a barrier is not necessary to remove before remove it

wink

oh, this one, I have killed it but iI had not the spell dispell barrier after :-( I had found the flaming sword on him that's all. There is a book beside but there is a barrier in front of it and I can't reach it.

There is another room near but I can't open it I have not the key

This new spell is a reward or I must find it ?

EDIT : well Kelner gives me the key ot this room as reward to have killed the monster. But in this room there is the book which give the fireblast spell not the dispell barrier frownfrownfrownfrown

it's not this spell it's another, the fireblast spell frownfrown

If the spell dispell barrier is this one whic is behind the barrier, (we see it on the screenshot) there is a big problem because I have nothing to dispell this barrier :-(

EDIT AGAIN : sorry, Kelner has unlocked 2 doors : this one with the book of fireblast spell beside the place where the monster has been killed and the other room beside him, where is the good book for the dispell barrier spell.

thank you so much for your help. Now i'm going to search all the old barriers laugh