A4 - Ok, now where is HE???

Wyndynights

Hunting Hosharr.....book says he is in Honeycomb, at "F" on the World Map 2.....which is north of Silvar, between Formello and Fort Draco, right? But, Awrmm in Silver says "...he is in Honeycomb, south of here." So, I am a bit confused, because I go to F on world map 2, (between Formello and Ft. Draco), but can find no sign of this dude. Any clues?

The route involves going down and up between the two levels several times. A clue that you are on the right path is that you pass Sleater. After seeing him to the north, keep going west . There are several minor side trips to get items. When you run into a group of four adventures blocking a route then you are near the Bandit Keep.

Quote:
Originally written by marphod:
Where the bloody heck is the guy you're supposed to speak to when Hosharr is dead?
Well, there are two people you need to speak to. One is the agent of the Castle who's in the inn at Mertis, the person who gave you the quest to find those bandits. The other is a nephil in Silvar (the one in the marketplace) who wanted revenge for Hosharr killing his mate.

Actually, the original question was about where Hosharr was. This is the main problem I (and from some of the posts I am seeing) have with this new Avernum. The book is unbelievably vague. Example, the books says the third test is "northeast of Dranlon". Oh boy oh boy. Yeah, right. More like go-northeast-to-abandon-building-go-downstairs-to-caves-go-yaddaydaddadoodledee-north-yaddayeadda-south-doodledeedo-northwestsoutheast-to-impossible-place-yaddayadda......" The same with other quests. And, you can't find anyone anywhere, no matter how many times you circle, jump, delve.....

Guys, you really really need to re-do this game. It has a lot of potential...but its just too confusing. Or, at least make the book a little more clear. I swear, the other Avernum games were NOT this vague. Come on, people! I am college educated, but I am NOT Stephen Hawking, ok?

There is only one guy, and right now he is busy serving his wife. The rest of us have no particular reason to be here, except that it legitimizes our meager lives.

That said, Vogel has said that Av4 was designed to explore various methods of combat. He may have accomplished that, but otherwise it has left a rank odor. I found the crazy cat-dude because I was methodically searching the maze, not because I looking for him. Try playing the game out of sequence, or aimlessly. It may be more enjoyable for you.