Dumb question?

Troxx

Forgive the newb for this easy question:

Is there a way to identify the mobs you come accross aside from what they look like?

I was flailing around yesterday (my first day with the demo, btw) trying to find a way to click on a monster and get information about it. Command-clicking it doesn't seem to do it and there's nothing about that in the help .pdf.

A 1000 pardons for the newb please.

There's no way to learn more than a monster's name, appearance, and roughly what percentage of its health it has left but the hard way.

—Alorael, who wouldn't overlook names. Once you get used to the naming system it's surprisingly easy to guess when you want to hit something hard and when you want to fry it from afar. Hint: spikes are bad. So are chitrachs.

Actually, I believe he meant "fighting it and seeing what it does to you", which is indeed a hard way.

Besides, talking about what's in the scripts isn't against the Code of Conduct anyway. (Not that looking in the scripts is necessarily helpful, since comments are a little patchy.)

Quote:
Originally written by Born Yesterday:
—Alorael, who learned the hard way that just because you can beat it up doesn't always mean you should.
I've found just as often that it's "Just because you can beat up on it doesn't mean that the next one won't beat up on you."

Sometimes, though... it was better to kill things on sight rather than wait for them to attack you. The Spiral Crypt comes to mind... if you don't try to kill stuff ahead of time, you will pay for it.