E3 - Augmentation question

Lowly Exile

Yay! Back to playing Exile 3! I had forgotten how much I love this game... I have also forgotten about the augmentation abilities some merchants have. Can anyone tell me (or does someone know of a list) who those merchants are and what they can do to my weapon. Granted, I know you can find better weapons later in the game, but I would like to have this information anyway. smile

This isn't a complete list, but there's some I know I remember. I forgot the names of the characters, so...

Farport, Nephil Warrior: +1

Sharimik, Apprentince Mage (in weapon shop) : Shoot Flame Spells

Lorelei, Priest: cast Bless spells.

Gale, Weaponsmith: +3 or +5, can't remember.

Tevrono, weaponsmith: Flaming

Hidden smith in Blackcrag (Winn): Flaming

The mage in the Inn of Blades doesn't give you the mithral, he asks you to bring him some and tells you where it is. You can get the Identify spell for bringing it to him, or you can get the sword instead.

—Alorael, who'd rather have the sword. The spell is unusably expensive to cast and not terribly important anyway with so many helpful identifiers scattered everywhere. The only time it's useful is when you find loot in the depths of a cave in the middle of nowhere, and then you're not likely to have the spell points to spare for Identify.

• 3 months later...

I think too it's better getting the sword. Besides the reasons mentioned previously, you can buy the spell (i don't renember where) and you can get it bringing a special book of teleportation(who are in the hut of a mage who teleports you to some places) to Ivanova (i think she's in Golddale).

Sorry for don't renember too much, but i got the spell some months before...

• 1 month later...

How does this happen? I started this thread over a year ago and today I get some email notification about the replies. Jeez, let it die! To summarize: mithral - unbuyable and found in 3 places in Valorim. Ask a nymph, apprentice mage, and/or a dragon to get started. The smith is hidden in a small town. Go forth. Hunt.

*stabs thread with an iron dagger*

Quote:
Originally written by Tarra:
How does this happen? I started this thread over a year ago
Not judging by the date of the first post. You started it on January 1st.

Quote:
and today I get some email notification about the replies.
Yeah, this is why you shouldn't turn on e-mail notification.

I think we've sufficiently covered this topic, though. The walkthroughs in the board header also give enough information that even without this thread, the information is available. With that in mind, I put this thread out of its misery.