Giscard

ArsonPerBuilding

I'm stuck on the sidequest involving the farmer Giscard, outside of Formello, and his Gremlin issue. I think I looted his house of wine and sold it earlier in the game before getting the sidequest, and now all I've got are three bottles of gremlin wine (two from the storeroom attic and one from the wine merchant east of formello). How many bottles of gremlin wine does it take to sedate the invader and where else is gremlin wine found?

I believe it only takes four bottles of wine to make the gremlin happy. You found the two in the storeroom, and the one sold by the wine seller east of Formello. There are two bottles upstairs in a locker in Giscard's house. There is one in the Gremlin Cave near Silvar. There is one in Hrosharr's bandit fortress in the SW Honeycomb. I think there is one other one in the E. Gallery somewhere...maybe in a bandit lair there.

There are more than enough bottles in the game. I raided Giscard's house and storerooms before realizing I needed that wine for a quest too. You don't even need to purchase wine to meet the quota.

—Alorael, who has to say that the wait wasn't worth it. You don't get any spectacular rewards from that surprisingly involved quest.

I've been paying attention in my current game, and there is a lot of Gremlin Wine to be had, scattered throughout the land. I've probably seen at least ten bottles this game so far. Wine sellers often have a bottle or two. The guy west of Fort Samuels has some, for instance, and enemy lairs sometimes have one lying around.

Anyone should be able to come up with four bottles eventually even if they are starting with none when they get the Giscard quest.