A4 - Keeping Track of Items

whoever

Say I'm going into battle and I know that I want to get all items with a cold resistance. Or with a poison resistance. Right now, I'm just sifting through items one by one.

I've been thinking of putting items into a database or something, but thought I'd ask people here if they have the same problem and how they deal with it.

Most of us don't shift items that much during battle. You try to get the best items for a general situation and minimize swapping. Besides you still have to watch your weight for encumberance.

What I carry with are the potions, wands, and scrolls for extra spell power. I have them for the major fights.

Edit - there used to be an item database at the top of the forum, but the link needs to be fixed since the account is gone.

To the OP: The biggest resistance comes from armor.

Example, a suit armor with AC 30 will also add 15% resist fire/cold/energy, just from its AC. So most items with magical properties that increase resistance can be discarded of once you have decent armor.

As for that file that lists items, I've downloaded it to my HD (v 0.9) If the original author has somehow lost his file, and wands it back, I could upload it...

I mean, I remember reading somewhere he said he lost it...