Tentative Avernum 4 v1.0.1 Update Out

Spidweb

We have released a tentative, beta v1.0.1 for Avernum 4 for Macintosh. Avernum 4 v1.0.1 (20.5 MB) can be downloaded at

ftp://ftp.spiderwebsoftware.com/mac/Avernum4.demo.v101.bin

It fixes a variety of irritating bugs and adds some improved graphics. The full list of problems fixed is on the Avernum 4 support page.

Comments or problems are best sent to spidweb@spiderwebsoftware.com. If it looks clean enough, I'll make it the default download shortly.

- Jeff Vogel

Next question: Did you notice this problem by looking at the code, or did you get an email saying: "Hey, your game sucks; if you make like 32000 sparks on the title page the graphics go all wrong!!"

The new chitrach looks good. I'm looking a bit more forward to the Windows release now than I did a few weeks ago.

Actually, I'm not even so surprised that someone made tens of thousands of blue spark things. What worries me is that someone may have counted. Even rounding to the nearest thousand requires a frightening amount of concentration on blue sparks.

—Alorael, who would like to know if the precise number of sparks before errors is 32767.

How exactly do you go about updating without losing your saved games or registration? Additionally, could someone tell me the location of some more Citaraches other than the mine in the Great Cave and the Eastern Gallery? Once I update I would like to be able to see the new graphic, and I have already eliminated most of them. If there are no more of them, I also ask that someone else post a picture.