A4 - cant find early foe

gasman

I have finished and enjoyed a4 but vaguely remember one foe that trashed me every time early on. The dialogue was something like " ? is casting a spell and will soon have help" Think it was in the eastern gallery but not sure. am obviously stronger now and just want to get satisfaction but can't find him. pointers anyone?

That's Nociduas, I think. Cross the river through the tunnel north of Fort Dranlon and then look around the northern part of the small area you reach. There's a one-way trip down and into Nociduas's lair.

—Alorael, who wonders if it's ever possible to kill Nociduas before he finishes summoning his friends. He could check the scripts, but he'd rather just guess that it isn't because of scripted potions.

Quote:
Originally written by Anthropos Kakistos:
Quote:
Originally written by All My Canisters:
—Alorael, who wonders if it's ever possible to kill Nociduas before he finishes summoning his friends.
I recall someone in one of the Nociduas threads reporting having done so. I sure couldn't manage it, though.
That was me. It took a couple tries, though.

Quote:
Originally written by Anthropos Kakistos:
Quote:
Originally written by All My Canisters:
—Alorael, who wonders if it's ever possible to kill Nociduas before he finishes summoning his friends.
I recall someone in one of the Nociduas threads reporting having done so. I sure couldn't manage it, though.
Very, very possible. I've done it, with a party of two mages and two priests. The priests bashed and Smited, while the mages made sure that Nociduas was Dazed every time his combat turn came around. When he's Dazed, he can't continue his summon or use a potion.