Avernum 2 Debug mode

Archmagus Micael

Guys,

I'm really VERY stupid. Somehow, (don't ask how-I don't know) I managed to turn on DEBUG MODE!!!

Now obviously I'm VERY annoyed, as I don't seem to be getting much XP, and none of my keyboard shortcuts work, eg. hitting f brings up debug menu etc.

PLEASE tell me how to turn the darned thing off.

Thanks,

- Archmagus Micael

Quote:
Originally written by Spidweb:
It shouldn't be possible to be in debug mode at all. It should be completely disabled. I suspect a corrupted game file. Follow the standard advice in the tech supprot section (back up saves, uninstall, redownload).

- Jeff Vogel
Shift + d (caps was the problem) managed to turn it off, and I don't seem to be able to get it up again (not that I want to)! Thanks.

I'll download the latest version anyway, just in case.

- Archmagus Micael

31.287 & 12.670

Well,

I've figured out how I got into Debug mode finally. All I did was turn Caps-Lock on. And then it was all debug mode! Thankfully I know how to turn it off now, so...

Jeff, are you sure it's not meant to be like this, because all the copies I have do the identical thing, and they're the latest version shocked .

But anyway, is there any secret advantage to debug mode?

- Archmagus Micael

Quote:
Originally written by Thuryl:
There are a couple of debugging commands in some games that can still be activated by typing capital letters, but that's not the full-fledged debug mode. Are you sure you were ever actually in debug mode in the first place?
Yes. There was a button (can't remember which) which made me practically unkillable (which is kinda odd when I'm in hte middle of Empire Forts).

But haven't been able to duplicate that. Don't really want to. If I do, I can just set down the hardness.

Even so, the doomguard was rather painful.

- Archmagus Micael