Secret Treasure on Slith Island

hoppy

It's probably one of the best pieces of armor in the game if you are interested. It is worth getting, but it is quite tough. You may want to clear out everything in the Eastern Gallery first and make sure your fighters have over 100 HP, otherwise it will be VERY difficult to win.

Is this a rhetorical question, like "how many angels can dance on the head of a pin?" - or - "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

What makes the Emerald Chestguard absolutely Sick in its merits, apart from its healthy various stat benefits, is the fact that it is 100% non-encumbering. This is ideal for a magician who can't otherwise wear heavy armor, but it does great on a fighter with a lot of other encumbrance too.

For this reason, though there is armor with better various stats in other ways, the Emerald Chestguard is, hands down, the best armor in the game, in my opinion.

It also gets artifact armor treatment from the hint book, although it's a far cry from a Pachtar's Plate quest.

—Alorael, who will reveal that it actually takes no emeralds to make an Emerald Chestguard. The thing is just named after the shade of paint used in the armor's finish.

Quote:
Originally written by Synergy:
What makes the Emerald Chestguard absolutely Sick in its merits, apart from its healthy various stat benefits, is the fact that it is 100% non-encumbering. This is ideal for a magician who can't otherwise wear heavy armor, but it does great on a fighter with a lot of other encumbrance too.

For this reason, though there is armor with better various stats in other ways, the Emerald Chestguard is, hands down, the best armor in the game, in my opinion.
Trouble is, it still weighs 20 pounds. It's entirely possible for a spellcaster to have only 50 pounds carrying capacity due to strength penalties from items, and the total of your equipment alone can easily weigh more than that, leaving you encumbered.

I eventually sold the Emerald Chestguard, since my fighter had Mercuric Plate and my spellcasters had their Enchanter's Robes.