A4 - I learned my lesson

The obvious solution is to make attacking anyone under Fort Avernum cause explosion magical decompression and kill everyone including the party. Then you'll always have access to the mage.

—Alorael, who also likes humorous death messages. Can't have enough of them, especially when they're really unexpected and uncalled for.

Quote:
Originally written by Clickxabbu:
—Alorael, who also likes humorous death messages. Can't have enough of them, especially when they're really unexpected and uncalled for.
Seconded. I think the best one was the barrier in the northern islands in A1 that talked about how you were dying but you just didn't care.

Quote:
Originally written by Tyranicus:
Quote:
Originally written by Clickxabbu:
Seconded. I think the best one was the barrier in the northern islands in A1 that talked about how you were dying but you just didn't care.
That one was so annoying. After running into it a couple of dozen times I cracked and asked for help. Amazing read the first time though. And we musn't forget the sign in the middle of the Swamp in E/A3. Warning: Swamp.

- Archmagus Micael

• 2 weeks later...
Quote:
Originally written by Archmagus Micael:
And we musn't forget the sign in the middle of the Swamp in E/A3. Warning: Swamp.
My favorite is on the Isle of Bigail, when you have your first encounter with the giant roaches. A dialogue box pops up describing the giant cockroaches intent on eating you, and the only option in the dialogue box is "How disgusting."

Originally by Mu:

Quote:
...A dialogue box pops up describing the giant cockroaches intent on eating you, and the only option in the dialogue box is "How disgusting."
The same thing appears in [the BoA scenario] Valley of the Dying Things, except with mobile fungi instead of cockroaches.

Dikiyoba wonders which are more disgusting: giant cockroaches or giant fungi?

• 2 weeks later...