A4 - Stuck in the Skree caves [spoiler]

wineguy

I was also blindsided by the inability to exit the Scree Caves. In my defense, I've altered some of the basic stats of weapons and other items so as to make adventuring life easier.

That may have affected my ability to do things that otherwise wouldn't be possible. In particular, my Tinker's Gloves are insane, my bows shoot acid arrows, and my boots augment my strength.

Never underestimate the power of properly sized footwear.

I have a different problem. I can't get into the Skree Caves.

Before I went into the game I installed the patch. The I went into my saved game which was in the Darkside Loyalists hideout (Which is entered from Saffron.)

After reporting back to Saffron I went back to the hideout and then upstairs to the two gates. Except this time "I wasn't strong enough" but I had opened them before.

What the hell happened?

Quote:
Originally written by Allim:
After reporting back to Saffron I went back to the hideout and then upstairs to the two gates. Except this time "I wasn't strong enough" but I had opened them before.

What the hell happened?
I think that's meant to be part of the patch. The real way into the Scree Caves is through Fort Emerald. Try that.

(Note: you'll have to do the quests that lead up to getting into there.)