A4 - Dispel Barrier Spellbook

Vivode

I've just now completed the quest for Kelner that allows me access to the Dispel Barrier Spellbook; happy me.

However, when I go to read the book, in spite of the fact that it tells me I've increased my skill with the Dispel Barrier spell, I do not learn the spell. If I try to re-read the book, it tells me I don't learn anything new.

I've reloaded the game and tried this over and over again several times, all with the same effect.

Is there anything that can be done? Or do I get to finish the game without this spell? Being a perfectionist, and thinking of all the goodies I'll miss out on without it, I'd rather not. smile

You can't relearn from the same book. This is painful if a party member "dies" just before your party reads from a book. If your skill level increases with a spell you should have gotten it. Check your character's spell list by going to training and go to spells/traits. You may not have been able to cast the spell because of your current mage spell level.

The spell doesn't show up in my traits/spells page or when I press 'm' to access my mage spells.

I even went back and used an editor to put my Arcane Lore and Mage Spells stats up to 30, just to be absolutely sure. Same results: I read the book and it shows the message telling me that I've increased my skill with Dispel Barrier, but I do not learn the spell.

And, sadly, while the aforementioned editor can raise stats quite nicely, it can't teach spells.

So, yeah... still not quite sure what to do about that.

You can always edit the scripts - maybe there's something wrong with them - do you have the newest version of the game - can you find the script for the section you get this spell - look at the part where it says you learn a spell, is there a

code =

alter_stat(?,1);

break;

anyway, can you post that part of the script - the "text" and the "code"?

edit: does your mage perhaps have heavy armor and not the trait (natrural mage???) that allows you to cast a spell even with that?

Alright, I realize that I am a complete neophyte when it comes to programming and script, but I believe this is the stat alteration script for that particular spellbook:

alter_stat(30000,53,1)

And the character is a Natural Mage, wearing suitable armor to cast.

Thanks for the help.