How do I counter a Fear spell?

elora

I'm trying to destroy the mad mage outside Fell - something, but he keeps on driving my group away with the orange fear spell. How do I counter it? Shields don't work, neither does cure. He often drives my whole party insane.

Also, before the end of the demo - is it best to destroy all the crystals before the mage

Also, why does cure not always work?

F

Have your priest cast Restore Mind. And destroy his pylon of terror.

Yes, destroy all of the pylons. They are keeping the mage alive. Send in some summons and shoot the pylons with bows and hit them with acid. When they will explode, they will visciously poison the enemy mage. When you destroy all of the pylons, and he has been severely poisoned, he will die rather quickly.

Cure works. Some toxins are so nasty that you need to cast it more than once, or have a higher level of cure.

Was this helpful? If you need anything else, please, feel free to ask.

Quote:
Originally written by Synergy:
Hamar? Really? I was thinking I had seen Unshackle Mind earlier, but wrote down my info for Hamar wrong. Good catch, Vlish.
I believe it costs 700 coins per level bought. And it is worth it buying two levels. Having just one level doesn't seem to do much.