Will Spiderweb issue licenceson a Sunday, ya think?

Michi

Quote:
Originally written by The REAL Nathan Ashby:
2 things.#1 Trying to pirate a game on its own forum is just plain stupid.#2 All keys are different.
Eh? But I'm pretty sure he/she wasn't asking for a registration key. He/she was just saying he couldn't wait for the registration key he/she might have ordered to arrive, in my opinion : 'how will I survive till tomorrow?'.

[EDITED]

Quote:
Originally written by The REAL Nathan Ashby:
2 things.#1 Trying to pirate a game on its own forum is just plain stupid.#2 All keys are different.
But it isn't that hard once you figure out how to do it.

I don't do it, however, I want Jeff to continue making games.

(Input TM falme of A4 here)

Thanks, Lurker, for taking a moment to read my post - you understood me correctly.

Nathan Ashby - ease up on your trigger finger, friend, and take a moment to actually read the subject of the message.

I have bought almost all of Jeff's games (and those I didn't buy, I didn't play past the demo... I feel the need to be explicit lest you misunderstand me somehow to mean that the one's i didn't buy were the ones I pirated)

Quote:
Originally written by The Lurker:
Actually, I remember someone saying (writing) that the A4 demo was way smaller than one fifth of the game.
It actually is very small. Too small to convince me to buy it. It had not that addictive effect of the other demos, when I had to register because I was in the middle of the game and couldn't stop anymore.
Since I don't like the new engine at all, I'm not sure though whether I would have registered if the demo had been bigger ...

Actually I was just the opposite. I managed to get used to the interface by the time I was halfway through the goblin lairs. When around the Motrax caves it warned me about the shareware barrier was close and I just went ahead and purchased at that point. I think I had only been playing for about four or so hours. laugh

I personally love the new engine with everything being more or less on the same map. No more listening to stupid fanfare when I enter a city for example.

Quote:
Originally written by Frobozz:
Actually I was just the opposite. I managed to get used to the interface by the time I was halfway through the goblin lairs. When around the Motrax caves it warned me about the shareware barrier was close and I just went ahead and purchased at that point. I think I had only been playing for about four or so hours. laugh

I personally love the new engine with everything being more or less on the same map. No more listening to stupid fanfare when I enter a city for example.
I have to agree.

I know it sounds awful, and I relaly like the old Avernum system, but I surprisingly loved Avernum 4 (except for the Lightning that isn't lightning). I ordered it a few days ago, and am just waiting for JV to see and then email me the code (darned weekends).

So, apart from a few graphics issues, which I'm sure the spidweb boards have enough voluunteers to fix, I think Avernum 4's one of their best out. Not quite THE best, that's still got to be Exile 3 (my first) or Av2, but still good.

- Archmagus Micael