Formello's Black Shade of Icy Doom

The Lurker

Quote:
Originally written by Alorael:
I can't even think of any way to realistically get the shade down to 0 health before it regenerates back to full health.
Well, I got the shade down to 1 HP without cheating in the demo. Not sure if anybody else had tried it before. Basically, I tricked the Black Shade into entering the Temple. I then hasted the Priestess, who summoned Divine Shades and Vengeful Shades. I hasted those Shades too, and then kept pounding the Shade with repel spirit, bolt of fire, and acid spray. I would have killed were it not for the fact that it is completely unkillable until you get the onyx scepter (its healing spell only restores a limited amount of HP, all you have to do is damage it faster than it can heal). Oh well, at least I know there's a trick to kill it if I ever have problems beating it in the full version.

I like how Jeff so characteristically used the word "unkillable" in the scripting call instead of "invincible" or "immortal."

I only have the demo, but I was thinking about using the priestess to help attack the shade for laughs. But the shade killed her so quickly that I never even knew that she could summon Divine Shades.

Quote:
Originally written by Garrison:
But the shade killed her so quickly that I never even knew that she could summon Divine Shades.
The shade shouldn't be able to kill the priestess in one blow, which should give you enough time to distract it. Still, if it attacks her too quickly, keep casting haste on the priestess and slow on the shade. Haste yourself too. If it still attacks the priestess and she hasn't enough time to summon shades, try sacrificing your warriors. This will give her some more time (and I think she may be able to summon more shades if there are less members in your party).

Kelandon : Thanks for the info. I suspected TM had done it, but I wasn't sure whether he cheated or not.