Stuck.

Morgan

• 4 weeks later...

Originally written by kuc:

Quote:
King.... Starrus?

Disappointing. Micah and Hawthorne always seemed like such regal names. Starrus sounds like he should be running one of those dingy sailor's inns.

I looked up Hawthorne for a random reason and found this (originally by Merriam-Webster's Dictionary):

Quote:
Main Entry:Hawthorne effect

Function:noun

Etymology:from the Hawthorne Works of the Western Electric Co., Cicero, Ill., where its existence was established by experiment

Date:1962

: the stimulation to output or accomplishment that results from the mere fact of being under observation; also : such an increase in output or accomplishment

No wonder the Empire was so efficient. "I'm watching you. If you don't do your job, you're going to be thrown into Avernum!"

Dikiyoba.

Edit: Fixed quote.

• 2 weeks later...
Quote:
Originally written by Thuryl:
You can't get into Fort Spire yet. Go meet Houghton at the Castle's observation room so you can open the box. After that, you'll be able to meet King Starrus, who will give you your next mission.
I have a problem, when I find Houghton he open the box and 3 Vahnatai go out and kill him. Is it normal ? i have tried several times to save him but I can't :-)
What can I do now ? i have not the quest of the west of fort remote (i have read in a topic that I need this quest to go to spire fort)
I'm lost frownfrown please help me

Quote:
Originally written by Contra:
I'v tried to agument him, to keep him alive. He still dies. He always takes 73 damage, and he always dies.
It's supposed to happen.
Go and speak with Rone, and then speak with Starrus. You will get your quest.
Now Houghton is dead I can open the door and go to speak with Starrus. Now I have the quest and then I went to speak with general Marapova but when I go to Fort Remote the barrier is always there and my dispell barrier spell is too weak.
I don't know if this is important but not far from Starrus there is another barrier that I can't dispell, the spell is too weak too.

I am stuck i can't go on the game frownfrownfrown

Quote:
Originally written by Contra:
I'v tried to agument him, to keep him alive. He still dies. He always takes 73 damage, and he always dies.
It's supposed to happen.
After some exhaustive shielding, augmenting, blessing, hasting, and reloading, I managed to save Houghton once. He still dies in a dialogue box, from some slight nick he gets from a blade when the vahnatai enter (also in a dialogue box).

So rest assured, there is absolutely nothing you can do, even if you technically do save him. (Not even my level 4 Curing could've done the trick)

Quote:
Originally written by Mimi:
I don't know if this is important but not far from Starrus there is another barrier that I can't dispell, the spell is too weak too.
I believe that is the Castle treasury. So no, it's not really important.

EDIT: Agh! Quote tags!

Quote:
Originally written by Mimi:
Originally written by Sicadastra:
[qb]I believe you must speak w/ the commander of Ft Remote. He will give you another small (but challenging) quest to complete before he will lower the barrier.
Bingo !!
No more barrier after the quest of the general of Fort remote.

Thank you very much indeed.

I can go on my adventures :rolleyes:

How I love this game !!!