where is this sleater fellow?

GearMonkey

okay so I am rethinking the inteligence of not buying the tip book. I may purchase it, in spite of these posts I read that it contains errors. In the mean time, I am trying to find this sleater fellow in the honeycomb, since I was told by the priest in Meritis that he could help me with the undead in the tower, which is what I am actually trying to do. So, I have been all through the honeycomb, which is rather large and maze like, and I am yet to find this person. Now there is one place where I haven't been In the Honeycomb (perhaps more, but I know about this one). It's blocked by this group of adventurers that I can't seem to beat, even though I have clear just about everything else. These guys just swarm and pummel me everytime. So My long winded question is two-fold. First, where is this Sleater fellow? Second, if he is behind these adventurer types can anyone provide assistance in how to beat these guys? thanks.

Getting past them will indeed get you to Sleater. I suggest haste/bless/shielding/augmentation before the battle. There is another way. From the start of the Honeycomb in Metris, head north until you find three stairways. I forget which one, but you want to continue heading north until you find a bunch of stairs in a row. Continue on that route to find Sleater.

Killing shrubbery is rather easy as long as you are willing to take some time lobbing spells with casters and then shuffling them out of sight with fighters. It's entirely possible to never give the plants a target during their turns.

—Alorael, who is very proud of his immobile target destruction tactics.