New Forum

*i

Trippy....the birth of a new SW forum. Maybe the "beta testing" and "Avernum 4: Geneforge?" threads should be moved over here by whomever has the power to do it, as there is ongoing dialog about A4 in those already.

Jeff actually alluded to an Avernum 5 yesterday, for whatever that is worth.

EDIT: In an email about modifying features in A4.

Quote:
Originally written by Synergy67:
Jeff actually alluded to an Avernum 5 yesterday, for whatever that is worth.

EDIT: In an email about modifying features in A4.
Care to further comment on the alleged A5?

Has there been any more info released on what this new A4 will be about? I remember reading about some 'new threat' or somesuch, but it's been awhile...

Quote:
Originally written by Kasumetoru Sai:
I nominate me as well.
Not that it wouldn't be one of the most profoundly stupid measures the administration would have done in years...
It's done worse, as you'd be among the first to admit (the administration of SW, not the board, that is).

---

Putting Kel and TM in joint charge of a forum would prove... interesting.

A mod pretty much skims topics on his/her forum and makes sure everyone is following the rules. Pretty much goes: be reasonable. No blaitantly off topic posts, no obscene images, nothing overly argumentative, etc. Should this occur, the mod deals with this by either locking or deleting a topic. Should the behavior be recurring or excessive, this is reported to the mod board for further review of the member's connduct.

If you are interested, feel free to PM me with info of what you would like to moderate, especially if you would like to do one of the less active forums.

Yes, anyone of us (plus Schrodinger too) is capable of that...the appointment to moderator is not done for the faint of heart, however. It involves many great trials and tests of character, fortitude, and will. And even if you pass, it only takes the rejection of one of the current mods to disqualify you.

Regards,

Your Twisted Moderator Lord

Quote:
Originally written by Icshi:
Hmmm… I see that Forum 20 has made its appearance—

All gloom and doom aside, though:

Congrats, Delicious Vlish! You're a great asset to these boards, and I'm delighted that you're going to be one of this forum's moderators. I'm sure you'll do an excellent job!
We still have plenty of forums to go before the apocalypse...

Being a mod isn't only causing threads and sometimes offenders to die the death. You have to know when to do it. Here's a question to ponder:

The account Spidweb, member #1, posts something that can only be spam. Let's suppose it discusses mangos, requests for free registration codes, and clubbing baby seals. Now you have several choices.

a) Lock the topic.

B) Delete the topic

c) Move the topic to a forum you don't moderate so it's someone else's problem.

d) Leave the topic open.

e) Edit the post and leave the topic open.

f) Some combination of the above.

Furthermore, you must decide among the following:

a) Reprimand Spidweb.

B) Deliver an official warning of Dire consequences.

c) Request that an admin ban Spidweb temporarily.

d) Request that an admin ban Spidweb permanently.

e) Hire a hitman to figure out which Spidweb posted, go to his or her house, and break his or her fingers.

f) Hire a hitman, but don't tell him to stop with fingers.

g) Blame TM

h) Blame George W. Bush

i) Blame Jesus Christ.

—Alorael, who wants all answers to come in the form of a sestina. Any other answers will not be considered.

You forgot the most important thing. Eat chicken noodles for breakfast and send your mom to buy a bottle of milk, after which you go to his or her house and punish him with the ultimate punishment: You throw eggs end rotten fruit against the windows (chickens are also good, they will break the windows)!

(Sorry for stealing your thing for just this time, Salmon, but...)

*This message sponsored by the almighty chicken gods*