SYNERGY LIST: GF4 Forging

Synergy

This FORGING LIST describes the forged items you can make in Geneforge 4 and what they do. You can learn the locations of necessary ingredients in this G4 ITEMS LIST.

There are two forge locations in the game you can use to make and alter things: one in Ilya Province and one in Burwood Province. Uchitelle in Ilya Province teaches you the basics of using the anvils.

You can make any of these things whether you have read the recipe in the game or not.

-S-

________________________________________________________________________________________

ENHANCING ITEMS — ARMOR/WEAPON EHANCEMENT

BLESSING CRYSTAL — Armor: Avoid Blows / Weapon: Bonus to Hit

RUNED RUBY — Fire Essence — Armor: +7% Fire Protection / Weapon: Fire Damage

CHARGING STONE — Cold Essence — Armor: +7% Cold Protection / Weapon: Cold Damage

RUNED AMETHYST — Acid Essence — Armor: Acid / Poison Resistance / Weapon: Drips Acid

IVORY SKULL — Curse Power — Armor: Bonus To Hit Chance 10%/ Weapon: Curse Target

RUNED ONYX — Magic Essence — Armor: Resist Effects (Fire 3% / Cold 3% / Energy 8% / Acid 10%) / Weapon: Slow Target

TINY ORB OF MIST — Speed Essence — Armor: Harder To Hit 5%?/ Weapon: Faster Blows

STEEL SPINE — Armor: Damage Attacker / Weapon: Extra Damage

ETHEREAL BINDINGS — Stability — Armor: Stun Resistance / Weapon: Drain Life

GOLDEN CRYSTAL — Strong Blessing — Armor: Resist Effects (Fire 10% / Cold 10% / Energy 10% / Stun 5% / Mental 5% / Poison 5% / Acid 5%) / Weapon: Stronger Blows

________________________________________________________________________________________

CRYSTALS — INGREDIENTS

ICE CRYSTAL — Gemstone / Beautiful Crystal

SPRAY CRYSTAL — Gemstone / Wiry Moss

ENSNARING GEM — Gemstone / Vlish Tentacle

SWARM CRYSTAL — Gemstone / Mandrake Tincture

MADNESS GEM — Gemstone / Beautiful Crystal / Eyebeast Eye

WANDS & RODS — INGREDIENTS

FIERY WAND (FIREBALL) — Gemstone / Stick / Fyora Scale

DISCIPLINE WAND (DISRUPTION) — Gemstone / Stick / Saltweed / Artila Eye

WAND OF TERROR (TERROR) — Gemstone / Stick / Madness Gem / Vlish Tentacle

NULL WAND (STUN) — Stick / Gemstone / Moss / Roamer Fang

JEWELED WAND (DIAMOND SPRAY) — Gemstone / Stick / Spray Crystal / Drayk Scale

WAND OF DEATH (KILL) — Gemstone / Stick / Mandrake / Eyebeast Eye

WAND OF THE INFERNO (AURA OF FLAMES) — Gemstone / Stick / Demon Bile / Drakon Scale

ROD OF SUCCOR (HEALING) — Stick / Healing Spores / Glaahk Eye

ROD OF ALACRITY (HASTE) — Stick / Speed Spores / Rotghroth Fang

ROD OF DEFENSES (SHIELD) — Gemstone / Stick / Shielding Spores / Glaahk Eye

ROD OF BATTLE (BLESS) - Stick / Battle Pod / Perfect Drakon Scale

RINGS / NECKLACES / CHARMS — INGREDIENTS

SHIELDING RING — Gold Ring / Fyora Scale

ARMOR BAND — Platinum Ring / Dryak Scale

IMPERVIOUS BAND — Platinum Ring / Perfect Drakon Scale (+10% Armor / +15% Stun Resistance)

BLESSED NECKLACE — Silver Necklace, Artila Eye

TALISMAN OF MIGHT — Gold Necklace / Purification Elixir / Rotghroth Fang

(Armor +4% / Strength +4 / Vampiric Touch +5)

MENTAL FOCUS CHARM — Madness Gem / Demon Bile / Glaahk Eye / Rotghroth Fang

(+1 Spellcraft / +8% Mind Effect Resistance / +8% Mind Effect Resistance Creations)

GOLDEN CRYSTAL — Gemstone / Mandrake Tincture/ Drakon Scale / Fyora Scale

PURIFICATION ELIXIR (Perfects Shaped Items) — Mandrake Tincture / Demon Bile

THE EIGHT ARTIFACTS — INGREDIENTS — EHANCEMENTS

GLOVES OF SAVAGERY — Perfected Gloves / Blood Poison / Essence-Infused Skin

(+6% Armor / +2 Strength / +2 Melee / +4 Quick Action / +2 Creation Strength)

• Can make these once you get the Essence-Infused Skin from the Turabi Gates

IMPERVIOUS CAPE — Perfected Cloak / Purified Essence / Essence-Infused Skin

(+12% Armor / +5% To Hit Chance / +10% To Hostile Effects Resistance Of Creations)

• Can make this once you get the Essence-Infused Skin from the Turabi Gates

—To make both of the above two artifacts, you will have to wait until you get the other Essence-Infused Skin from Khima-Uss in Chapter Five.

LEGS OF THE TYRANT — Perfected Greaves / Blood Poison / Essence-Infused Iron

(+14% Armor / +8 Vampiric Touch / +5 Melee Weapons)

• Can make these once you make it to the Golem’s Fen. If you have already made the Gloves of Savagery, you need to get the Blood Poison from The Western Morass first.

FLAMEWEAVER GREAVES — Perfected Greaves / Crystalline Fibers / Solidified Flame

(+16% Armor / +2 Battle Magic / +2 Fire Shaping / +20% Cold Resistance)

• Can make these once you get the Crystalline Fibers from Matala’s Workshop.

SHAPEMASTER BOOTS — Perfected Boots / Ur-Drakon Skin / Deep Focus Orb

(+16% Armor, +2 Fire Shaping / +2 Battle Shaping / +2 Magic Shaping / +10% Hostile Effects Resistance Of Creations)

• Can make these once you get the Ur-Drakon Skin from Quessa-Uss.

GIRDLE OF SUCCOR — Perfected Belt / Ur-Drakon Skin / Unmelting Ice

(+14% Armor / +2 Blessing Magic / +2 Healing Magic / +8% Creation Armor / +4 Hostile Effects Resistance Of Creations)

• Can make this once you get the Ur-Drakon Skin from Quessa-Uss.

CLOAK OF THE SHADOWS — Perfected Cloak / Pure Crystal Shard / Purified Essence

(+10% Armor / +2 Leadership / +2 Mechanics / +2 Stealth / +1 Action Points)

• Can make this once you get the Pure Crystal Shard from the Breeding Pits.

SUNSTONE BELT — Grosch Pits — Perfected Belt / Deep Focus Orb / Unmelting Ice

(+14% Armor / +10 Energy Preservation / +20% Fire Resistance / +20% Energy Resistance)

• Can make this once you get the Unmelting Ice from the Wrecked Labs.

NOTE: You can only make one of the three artifacts below with the available ingredients, as there is only one each of Unmelting Ice, Deep Focus Orb, and Ur-Drakon Skin.

SHAPEMASTER BOOTS — Perfected Boots / Deep Focus Orb / Ur-Drakon Skin

GIRDLE OF SUCCOR —  Perfected Belt / Unmelting Ice / Ur-Drakon Skin

SUNSTONE BELT —  Perfected Belt / Unmelting Ice / Deep Focus Orb

Purified essence is located in Circle of the Drayk to southwest of the drayk after you kill him and it's hard to find the path. The other is in the Sealed Catacombs lab.

Only one essence infused hide in Khima-Uss.

Only one crystalline fibers in Matala's Workshop.

You missed -

Sunstone belt - recipe added to Grosch Pits in revised beta

perfected belt+deep focus orb+unmelting ice

Armor +14%, +40 Radiance (undead bane),

+20% Fire res, +20% Energy res

---SPOILER---

keep reading at your own peril...

There is another essence-infused skin in Turabi Gate, though it is kind of really painful and time-consuming to get.

Furthermore, the artifact stats do not seem to be static. Here is what I found thus far:

Cloak of the Shadows – Perfected Cloak, Pure Crystal Shard, Purified Essence. (Armor +10%, +2 to Mechanics, +2 to Leadership, +2 to Stealth, +1 to Action Points)

Impervious Cape - Perfected Cloak, Purified Essence, Essence-Infused Skin. (Armor +12%, +5% to hit, +10% Hostile Effect Resistance of Creations)

Flameweaver Greaves – Perfected Greaves, Solidified Flame, Crystalline Fibers. (Armor +12-16%, +2 to Battle Magic, +2 Fire Shaping, +20% to Cold Resistance)

Legs of the Tyrant – Perfected Greaves, Essence-Infused Iron, Blood Poison. (Armor +14%, +8 Vampiric Touch, +3 Melee Weapons)

Gloves of Savagery – Perfected Gauntlets, Essence-Infused Skin, Blood Poison. (Armor +6%, +2 to Strength, +2 to Melee Weapons, +4 to Quick Action, +2 to Strength of Creations)

Shapemaster Boots – Perfected Boots, Deep Focus Orb, Ur-Drakon Skin. (Armor +10 - 16%, +2 to all Shaping Skills, +3 to Creation Damage in Combat OR +10% Hostile Effect Resistance of creations)

Girdle of Succor – Perfected Belt, Unmelting Ice, Ur-Drakon Skin. (Armor +8%, +2 to Blessing Magic, +2 to Healing Craft, +8 to Creation Armor, +4% Hostile Effect Resistance of creations)

Sunstone Belt – Perfected Belt, Unmelting Ice, Deep Focus Orb. (Armor +14%, +10 Energy Preservation, +20% Energy Resistance, +20% Fire Resistance)

Quote:
Originally written by Locmaar:
---SPOILER---

keep reading at your own peril...

There is another essence-infused skin in Turabi Gate, though it is kind of really painful and time-consuming to get.
I have scouted every nook and cranny of the Turabi Gate and killed everything except the three main characters in the middle of the gate courtyard. I need to be beefier to take them on at this point, as I'm only a level 22 Servile at present. Does one of them have the essence-infused skin, or did I miss it stashed somewhere?

-S-

Got it. It's in the SW corner in a chest which is easy to overlook. It took four living tools at 15 mechanics to open that chest, and that's all that was inside. It wasn't hard to get to after the initial whittling of the turrets at the entrance to the area. Stealth enabled me to haste and run by and never activate any foes into fight mode. Ran right by them. Heh heh.

Gloves of Savagery at the opening of Chapter 3. Yesss.

Anyone remember where a second dose of Blood Poison is?

-S-

Is it possible that these discrepancies come from earlier betas?

The artifacts all have the usual listings in the item definitions file, and it would be quite a departure for any random element to exist with that at all. Shapemaster Boots for example list a flat 16% armor and the 10% HER for creations -- +3 levels of damage for creations just isn't there.

I am verifying and updating actual statistics for these items as I play my current game. I am in chapter 5 at present. Feel free to help now or wait till I'm done. It won't be long now.

I also asked Jeff if it was intentional to have only one Ur-Drakon Skin in the game which effectively means you can only make one of three items and waste some precious ingredients in not being able to make even one of the other two. Namely, I'd love to have Shapemaster Boots AND the Girdle of Succor.

-S-

I'm bumping this to make mention that the list is done, and I also want to pose the question:

Do you think it should be possible to make things on the anvil if you have not yet read the recipe in the game? Do you follow this implied but violable rule voluntarily — or do you utilize what you can the moment you can, knowing what you know from the recipe list?

-S-

I don't think it matters so much for minor items like crystals and wands. A resourceful shaper would probably be able to figure our how to make these through trial and error or they might even be common knowledge. As for the artifacts, I prefer the Geneforge 2 system where you couldn't make them at all but had to instead rely on someone who was an expert to make them for you. The dialogue in those always described the process as very draining, so your character making these things on an anvil seems less plausible.

Why do these artifacts suck so much?

Seriously, compared to the G3 artifacts, these are not very exciting. Ok, the Gloves of Savagery and Legs of the Tyrant, and the +1 AP cloak are great. The shaping boost items are OK I guess, though much less cool than the ones that boosted multiple creation stats by +2. Why anyone would ever make the Sunstone Belt or even the Girdle of Succor is a mystery to me. Also, it seems like the ingredients are available later in the game -- perhaps that's because there is less duplication of needed and available ingredients.

Meh.

The Gloves and Legs are useful as you mention, though I wind up using other greaves later. The Gloves I use till the very end, and the +1 AP Cloak when I finally can get it made, though you get it so very late in the game. Big whoop.

Mostly, the anvil is useful for enhancing your stuff, and really, only the Ethereal Bindings, Steel Spines (try putting three or four of these on your stuff at once,) and Golden Crystals are significantly helpful to my experience. If I play again, I will not enhance any late game gear until I can use only these three enhancements.

-S-

• 1 month later...

I count four Shaped Fiber Cloaks on this list. I think there may be one or two more in the game than the ones I listed.

Has anyone made any other rings or necklaces? I didn't experiment extensively with those, and I was guessing there were a couple more you could make than what I discovered.

-S-

• 3 weeks later...

Just a contribution:

ENHANCING ITEMS — EHANCEMENT

BLESSING CRYSTAL — Armor: Avoid Blows / Weapon: ?

I used my steel broadsword combined with the blessing crystal someone gave me and the only difference I got is that now my item reads:

"Enhancement: bonus to hit"

So I guess that's what the Blessing Crystal does to weapons wink

Heh, I got the essence-infused skin from Turabi Gates when I first got there midway through chapter 2 (it took some trial and error, but with haste, it is possible to get there and out without triggering anyone attacking you. The trickiest part was finding a spot on the south wall before the turrets where if you stand just right they can't see you, then run into a building the the next round. Only problem is I don't have any demon bile yet.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 11 years later...
6 hours ago, Vinlie said:

whens the geneforge remakes

Vinlie plz

9 hours ago, TheKian said:

It's... really just better to send a message to a mod (Triumph or Slarty-aka-a-random-new-name-every-other-day) instead of posting on an eleven year dead thread.

Amen! Preach it!

I'll make the adjustment.