5% / pt Dex

5% / pt Gymnastics

3% / pt Defense

2% / pt Luck

The 10-cap applies to all of these!

Enduring Shield: 8% + 1% / 2 pts of spell power

Enduring Armor: 18% + 1% / 2 pts of spell power

Arcane Shield: 20%

As far as I can tell, there is no "hidden evasion bonus" from equipping a shield. Somebody said there was; can they back that up?

Conclusion:

Without the 2% / pt of the old Enduring Armor spell, there is no practical way to have a reasonable dodge rate in Torment, or for that matter, late in the game in Normal.

I agree that evasion fails in torment at least past the demo. In normal it's suppose to last.

I saw in torment at least in the demo that a shield did give a hidden evasion bonus. I was running a singleton against Dirty Darius and his two lizards. Using shielding spell and with the same dexterity and defense the only change was between spear versus sword and shield. The number of hits by the lizards dropped when a shield was equipped to more than just statistical variation. Unfortuneately you don't get to see displayed the increase in evasion caused by shield spell.

I wouldn't count on a shield unless you are playing in normal. Synergy had some success running his singleton through the first 3 chapters.

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...