Geneforge 2 Let's Play!

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I'm a bit of an optimist, but at least it's better than the "Oh god I suck I probably lost half of you already" I did in the first few episodes of the G1 LP, eh? Better an optimist than a pessimist!

Still, here's the next episode, which at the end has some discussion on the factions and how the saga treats and portrays them.

And finally, we reach Rising, Barzahl, and some answers about what's going on.

Also, it seems I no longer have the 15 minute limit. I don't know why, but ah well. I'll be able to upload episodes that are actually 1 video now, but I'll try to keep them around 20-30 minutes or so at longest. Episodes like the 44 minute Rising episode? Those I'll cut down.

Yes I'm playing on Normal. I may be a gamer, but I'm no expert. I'm fully aware I'd end up with my body parts strewn across eight different continents if I played on Torment. Yes eight, an arm would likely end up on Mars somewhere.

Anyway, here we meet a guy who helps us out if we go the screw everyone route. And get some VERY NICE stuff.

"I think my creations are not very effective at this point" :lol: Very amusing episode :D And no, you don't die so often because you because you skipped some awakened stuff ^^

And did you really just overlook the CONTROL BOX for those pylons ? :D You went past it twice ;)

"I think my creations are not very effective at this point" :lol: Very amusing episode :D And no, you don't die so often because you because you skipped some awakened stuff ^^

And did you really just overlook the CONTROL BOX for those pylons ? :D You went past it twice ;)

............there was a control box?

Well.......that just makes this so much more amusing, huh?

Oops, my bad. Yes, I mean Randara II. I think one drayk would be better than all 4 creations you had at one point. Certainly stronger than a fyora and a clawbug.

If they both die of natural causes and I get enough training in Fire Shaping maybe I will. They're kinda at that point where anything I make will be weaker than they are, I feel, stat-wise.

No new areas in this episode, instead we take care of some... unfinished buisness.

Khobar - leader of Vakkiri, Rydell - leader of the Obeyers, Natley - Pentil, lost her bonded, gave you the quest to help the guards trapped in the plains

"Do Serviles have souls" would have been a great topic back when there were a few more people here.

And if you want the shield Lindian can make you have to go into the crystal mine that damages you every few rounds :p

Edit: Great job killing a poor servile :(

The Servile in Ellhrah's Tomb turns hostile because of

his mind being overtaken by the Bound One... if you kept him around you would've seen him loose control...

Well now I feel a bit better about that. I was concerned that opening Ellhrah's tomb was a bit too far and pissed the servile off.

Well now I feel a bit better about that. I was concerned that opening Ellhrah's tomb was a bit too far and pissed the servile off.

You should still feel bad about going back and not disengaging when he turned hostile ( obv hard with that roamer but possible). He would have been fine later on. Oh well, what's done is done.

So the mines behind Eko Blade made you go "Nah, too dangerous" but strolling into the pit of the bound sounds like a good idea ? :lol:

Well, at least it only took you 102 episode to realize that you might need more to-hit :D

Very amusing episode, especially the whole heat pad region :eek:

IIRC Taker Toll Road is cleared by

killing Dryss.

As for frustrating combat, I have some advice:

1. When you use buffs (pods/spores) I see that you sometimes use them in realtime. That causes them to run out faster. It is better if you enter combat mode first (press F) before using them. That way, they last longer.

2. Put lots of skillpoints in Melee Weapons, and the leftovers in Quick Action. This increases Emile's damage output. Ok, this one was a bit stating the obvious...

3. As for creations, please correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Strength dictates both To Hit and Damage, so increase that primarily when you evolve your creations.

As for your interesting moral pondering about Taker philosphy vs. Awakened philosophy, after you see a bit more of the Taker lands you'll see that maybe they're not so much about equality as you think. Or at least, less about equality than Dryss is. Later on, in the sequels we'll see which philosophy holds more merit, but I guess you know this already.

Yes I do use them in Realtime, but that is usually because I can use them and immediately move a decent amount, as opposed to using two and barely being able to move. Being quick enough I can probably get as much out of it as I can.

And here's the next ep... yeah sorry about the poor ending but well... someone got home and... yeah...