Where are the Drypeak Mountains?

They are located east of the Storm Plains in GF5 in the southern part of the Rebel controlled area. At least that is the assumption based on the location of Gazaki-Uss and the ruins

Welcome to Spiderweb Software. Please leave your sanity at the door. It helps resolve changing geographies like losing a Shaper continent between games.

• 2 weeks later...
Originally Posted By: Kirk0007
I'm working on a combined map of the Geneforge mainland, including the Drypeak Mountains. I'm having problems with scaling, but it's coming together. Will post when finished.

I've considered doing something like that myself. I've decided that any good map, in order to get the scaling right (there's no way that Sucia Island or Drypeak Valley is really as huge as Illya Province and the Forsaken Lands, etc.) I've considered doing the whole thing on Paint. This would forego the beautiful maps (with detail!) that the game provides, but it's the only real way to get the scaling right. Then, it's just a matter of deciding what should go into the final version of the map - cities, obviously, but what else?

There's also the issue of the shifting timeframe affecting the geography. For instance, it's my understanding that all of the settlements in Geneforge 2 are completely erased from the map by the time the end of the series comes around. To include them would therefore mean that one should probably not include later Rebel settlements like Penta or Southforge Citadel. But then again, maybe the issue of anachronism isn't such a great one when none of the games overlap in territory.

What are your thoughts?

I'm not too concerned with issues of timeframe, and I wasn't even going to include cities except for the ones named on the maps included in the game files. As far as scaling goes, I've found an unexpected problem: the maps of eastern and western Terrestia don't match up. In order for the map to make sense, Geneforge 4's area would have to be considerably smaller than Geneforge 5's, and the Drypeak Mountains would have to be incredibly tiny as well. Here's the current progress:

7700231622_cd55520ddc.jpg

Geneforge Map Progress by Kirk0007, on Flickr