G2 class question...

Hello,

Just finished G3 with battle magic agent on torment. Oh boy, it was a breeze smile So now i will start G2 on torment. I decided i will not play shaper. Question is:

Which class is most fun to play, agent or guardian (i mean powerfull)?

How to distribute skill points at the start game and later?

thanks

An agent can be just as strong. My torment agent has 16 parry and amazing magic skills. Nothing touches her, and the only time I really had to reload was at the beginning. If you can make it past the tunnel as a torment agent, you will have a character that floats through Gazak-Us like it was a cake walk.

Originally Posted By: Txgangsta
An agent can be just as strong. My torment agent has 16 parry and amazing magic skills. Nothing touches her, and the only time I really had to reload was at the beginning. If you can make it past the tunnel as a torment agent, you will have a character that floats through Gazak-Us like it was a cake walk.

Not saying anything else can't be "strong." Just asserting that the ease of raising Parry (G2's uber-skill) makes Guardians "the most powerful" in G2.

In G3, G4, and G5, magic does win versus melee any day.

In G1 and G2, game balance is dramatically different. Melee dice are always 1d8, as opposed to in the later games where they are 1d4 or 1d5 depending on the weapon. Additionally, Daze is weaker in G2 than in later games.

You're going to take Parry to about 20 either way. That means it will cost 20 extra skill points as an Agent. That's the equivalent of 10 skill points into Battle, Mental, or Blessing Magic for a Guardian. Does a Guardian need more than that? I'd argue a Guardian needs less; the extreme Parry means you don't even have to bother with Daze, so it's Blessing Magic (and Healing Craft) only.

I coulda sworn the Shaped Blade and Guardian Claymore did 10-70 damage in G1. Let me just grab MattP's walkthrough...

Originally Posted By: MattP aka Schrödinger
Code:
Dagger               2-14Bronze Sword         3-21Steel Knife          4-28Iron Sword           5-35Steel Sword          6-36Shaped Blade         10-70Singing Rapier       5-35    +2 Quick A, +2 AnatomyShielding Knife      7-49    +4 ArmBonding Knife        7-49    -2 Str, Dex, Int, +4 EndLiving Knife         7-49    +2 C DexCharmed Falchion     7-49    +5 Luck, +10 Resist AllTek's Spectral Dirk  8-56    +5 Arm, +30 Resist All, +30 StunGuardian Claymore    10-70   +2 Str, +2 Quick A, +2 Anatomy

Unless he got his numbers wrong and nobody's noticed until now, it's d7 in G1 at least.

Uh...you can't "rob" Syros without irritating him; well, maybe if you join the Takers he'll let you take his stuff (not sure), but otherwise you'll just have to fight him if you want his loot.

You need more than "little" in Melee and Quick Action. Those are how you do damage. Parry is the Guardian's key defensive skill, but you need other skills too. Boosting Endurance for HP might help, and having good armor helps. Gazers are always tricky to kill. You may need to try to sneak close without them attack you, and take advantage of speed boosting to pods to then charge in and get off a couple hits. Once you are close, they are more likely use their melee attack than their super attack. Until you get tougher overall though, Gazers may still be chancy.

What level are you, and what're your current stats and equipment?

Here they are...

http://img849.imageshack.us/img849/900/dakro.jpg

As for equipment: shaped blade, draykskin tunic, puresteel shoes and shield, Guardian cloak, Infiltrators ring.

Want to get decent armor and blade, but enemy owns me in Dead Pass and Gazak Uss smile Maybe i did wrong not investing into blessing magic?

Originally Posted By: Triumph
Uh...you can't "rob" Syros without irritating him; well, maybe if you join the Takers he'll let you take his stuff (not sure), but otherwise you'll just have to fight him if you want his loot.

If you join him, he gives you his stuff (not the canisters, though) after you do a few of his quests. You only get the canisters right before the endgame, IIRC.

Looks like you invested some in Intelligence, which was probably a total waste, but overall your look decent.

Dead Pass and Gazak-Uss are boocoos challenging areas. If they are too hard right now, ignore them. In fact, if any area is too hard, maybe ignore it for now and keep exploring the rest of the game.

Getting a little blessing magic will help, but there's not much blessing magic does that you can't replicate using items. It sounds like what you need is tactics. When you know a Gazer ahead, pump yourself up, try to get as close as you can without being seen, maybe shape some useless creations to try to distract it. Experiment.

Originally Posted By: Tomas
Thanks for ideas smile Yes, i spent some points on intelligence because earlier i kept familiar. Ok, now that i got armor from Darian and Guardian claymore my guardian began to shine smile

Emerald Chestguard from Darian rocks every which way, and Guardian Claymore isn't shabby either. Those will definitely help you. Good luck!

I do not know but i got not what i expected... but after beating the game i am pleased smile After reading some comments about guardian class i thought it would be easy trip from begining till the end as in G3 with agent. I must say that 3/4 of the game was "torment" and only after getting decent stuff (Guardian claymore, Emerald armor) gameplay changed and i began to win battles with little reloads. In the beggining summons were big help and later they became useless. Now thinking about beating G1... smile

Originally Posted By: CRISIS on INFINITE SLARTIES
Because G2 is the only game in the series where Guardians shine, and because Parry really is broken, and it's fun to play that way for once. Shapers are great in G2, but not as great as they are in G1 or G3.

I always thought they shined in G1. I expected agent to tear it up in G2, just never tried a full game because I didn't want the female graphic.