Avernum 6 Demo - Config Settings Locked on No Resolution?

dugatom

Hi everyone,

A new gamer here, loving GF1-3, and about to buy AV1-3. Been trying out the demos of each Spiderweb game to check how they perform on my little Asus EEE netbook, and the answer is pretty good. Then however I made a TERRIBLE MISTAKE with Av6, which seems unfixable. Help!

For GF5 and GF4, I used the same tactic: install with the screen in 1024*780 compatability mode, select that mode in the config setup on first run, then I even if I boot in 1024*600, it reverts to 1024*780 to actually run. Super!

However, with AV6 I booted in 1024*600, so it gave me no options for resolution. Then, stupidly, I checked 'always run this mode' (I misunderstood it to mean always run the setup utility prior to the game running). The game crashes, either black-screening in 1024*780, or 'NO SCREEN SIZE SET' in 1024*600.

Repeated uninstalls and reinstalls will not bring be back to the config menu, that would allow me to re setup AV6. Do I have to delete a reg key? Or find an ini file? Any ideas?

It will be several years before I hit AV6, of course, but I just want to see how fast it runs etc.

Originally Posted By: Dikiyoba
Find the game's preferences file and delete it. (It's called Avernum6Settings and in with the saved game files, Dikiyoba hopes.) That should fix the problem.

Many thanks - this one fixed it! I didn't realise that Av6 and Geneforge saved games in MyDocuments, so once I looked in there and found settings then this was easy.

Many thanks!