A6 - Items you should keep

Randomizer

Items that you need to keep for quests and/or bribes:

Limbs (6) - those green arm like things. Actually you need a seventh, but there are a few lying around near where you need that one.

Flawless crystals (all) - collection quest and you can use them for a bribe to avoid a nasty combat for another quest.

Skribbane (all) - collection quest - moral dilemma about helping a dealer.

Bags of Meal (all) - two people want them for collection quests and a few other people want one for other reasons.

Meat (1) - looks like a cooked leg of beef - bribe

Almarian wine (6) - quest (5), bribe (1)

Chitrach Egg Sacs (8) - collection quest

Research Notes (all) - collection quest

For Crafting:

Fine Leather, Focusing Crystals, Fine Steel, Eyestalks, Mandrake Tincture, Demon's Bile, and Sticks (for wands)

Save for Potions:

Healing herbs, Spiritual herbs, Energetic herbs, Graymold, and Mandrake root

You can get about 50 knowledge brews crafted with Mandrake root and Energetic herbs being the limiting items.

I too have lots of skribbane stacked up, and I've never been able to bring myself to sell it for cash. If I had known I could get XP for it, I might have been a lot more tempted. I keep thinking that if I save up enough of it, I could start using it myself, and have enough supply to avoid withdrawal effects until the end of the game. Will that work?

No use for those items except for money.

Beta testers have it the worst since we pile up items waiting for a collection quest or crafter. I had over a hundred sheets of paper and twenty alchemy equipment at one point in addition to bars of iron, gold bars, emeralds, rubies, and some things that were actually quest items.

• 2 weeks later...

You never need incense. Randomizer's list accurately lists all the items that are ever asked for, anything else can be sold.

It is worth noting that Chitrach Egg Sacs look exactly like broken husks, which I didn't realize at first so I ended up having to go back through empty dungeons searching for them. With this in mind, you might want to double check those husks whenever you're around chitraches.

• 2 months later...

I need to restart my game again, I really should know to look at these lists first, thx. And on the 'fine leather' note, you can subdue the escaped lizard at the very start, get the scroll from the lady, go back an kill it for some fine leather. I'm not sure you get the reward from her if you kill it to start, never tried. Thx for the list, it's really useful. Also, if you attack the lizards in a 'cage area around the food depot, or other places for that matter, does it turn the area hostile?

Also, may as well ask here, I heard there's a limit of placing 200 items with-in a certain area limit if you don't want things to dissapear; does this count for stackable things like javalins, i.e. could you leave 200 of them around, and 199 other things with no issue?

My edit: Thx randomizer, I had a feeling I'd gotten the best completion for the lizard quest; and wouldn't expect attack a NPC to not make an area hostile, but if there are places where it doesn't, I'll try to find 'em.

The escape lizard quest reward is only if you subdue it first. The quest will be cleared if you kill it and report it.

Attacking and killing a neutral monster usually doesn't turn an area hostile. Attacking a neutral NPC might but you have to try it out after you've saved the game.

The 200 item limit is to items that are place on the ground. A stack counts as one item. I haven't tried it in Avernum 6, but I remember in Exile games there was a limit on how many items you could place in a stack.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

There are two spots in each area where you can get the mushrooms for the Great Cave, Abyss, Eastern Gallery, and Northern Avernum.

Click to reveal..
There are two places in each area to collect mushrooms for Asta in the Castle.

Great Cave - West of Dharmon in an area near some lizards and Southeast of Almaria in the Fungal Woods

Abyss - South of Spire and West of Bargha in the crypt with the Banshees

Eastern Gallery - South of Fort Dranlon in the Giant Camp and North of Fort Dranlon in the Bandit Camp

Northern Isles - Near Bargha and on an island reached from the Scuttler Lair

• 3 months later...
Originally Posted By: Randomizer
You can get about 50 knowledge brews crafted with Mandrake root and Energetic herbs being the limiting items.

Hey Randomizer, I made it to Tenevra for the first time, and managed to make 34 knowledge brews. In comparison to your 50 listed, is this because I have not yet explored some of the areas and have thus not yet discovered the remaining 16 mandrake roots, or is it because I've missed them up to this point?

(Probably an obtuse question since you don't know where I've explored, but thought I'd throw the question out there.)