A4 - Demo Solo

I'm playing the demo as a solo without magic.

I'm at Motrax Caves, every quest and are explored except for the this, and am getting whooped every time I do anything, I need help.

If this is relevant, my items consist of:

3 charges on a terror wand

3 charges on a null wand

6 charges on a sparkling wand

1 control foe scroll

3 group heal scrolls

4 healing elixers

1 augmentation potion (can't do this in two trips)

2 shielding potions

2 speed elixers

3 gremlin wines

21 curing potions (I've never really needed these)

12 speed potions (9 from potion ingredients)

24 healing potions (food works wonders)

105 units of food ( laugh )

2 piercing crystals

The lack of invulnerability sort of hurts...

My character is a Nephil Divinely Touched Elite Warrior

I have 50 hit points

I use spears and bows

I'm level 14 but only 151 xp from 15

5 str (+1 from my belt)

5 dex

4 end

5 pol

4 bow (race)

3 qa

4 def

12 tus (I went overboard but there's no changing that now)

4 luck

3 parry (traits)

7 bladesmaster (traits)

2 gym (nephil)

4 sharpshooter (traits)

2 extra skill points

My equipped items consist of:

Ratskin Shawl

Gauntlets

Armor Ring

Iron Spear

Yew Longbow

Swamp Boots

Fine Leather Helmet

Woven Golden Chain

Woven Silk Robe

Swamp Pants

Girdle of Strength

Suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Quote:
I'm playing the demo as a solo without magic. I'm at Motrax Caves, every quest and are explored except for the this, and am getting whooped every time I do anything, I need help
Ah. Cant say i'm too surprised.

Is it the initial archers and fearcasters? Or the charmbearers? Or the slimes that split? Or the Ogre? Or the drake? Or the final guy with good riposte, lots of summoning, and risk of serious poisoning?

I just finished the demo as a singleton on normal, since the endless combat got too annoying for my full group on torment. But I use haste, spray acid and minor heal heavily.

Quote:
Originally written by Mivayan:
Quote:
I'm playing the demo as a solo without magic. I'm at Motrax Caves, every quest and are explored except for the this, and am getting whooped every time I do anything, I need help
Ah. Cant say i'm too surprised.

Is it the initial archers and fearcasters? Or the charmbearers? Or the slimes that split? Or the Ogre? Or the drake? Or the final guy with good riposte, lots of summoning, and risk of serious poisoning?

I just finished the demo as a singleton on normal, since the endless combat got too annoying for my full group on torment. But I use haste, spray acid and minor heal heavily.
The slimes were a problem, but after liberal use of curing potions they went away, the sliths and nephilim weren't too much of a problem, poke 'em a few times and they die. The Ogre however has a lot of hit points and hits hard. His charm effect doesn't do anything as there's nobody for me to attack when I'm charmed. After that I like taking out the fungi, I just did what Drakey suggested, one at a time, eat, shoot, get shot at, repeat. The giant lizards aren't too much of a problem. The drakespawn or whatever they're called and the huge cavebats were what were really screwing me up, the poison combined with spell-casting giant lizards kept throwing me off.

I'm playing on torment by the way.

If you had a higher dexterity and defense instead of tool use you might get hit less, but those bats have high speed and usually get at least one hit in a round. I used acid spray on almost everything down there, but maybe if you can keep them only getting at you one at a time you might get them. Arrow attack for range and spear for close might work, but it will be hard. Those monsters have high enough health that they will take two or three hits. The young dragon will bring in friends and haste them so good luck.

Update

Trying going after Kravvit-bok, the Vahnatai on the east side of the lower level. That will give you enough experience to make level. There is a wisdom crystal in the room beyond him. You will not get enough experience to make more than level 15 in the demo as a singleton.

Use the skill points to boost dodging by raising dexterity, defense, or luck.

There is a golem in the room north of the west side that will "help" you as another target.