Just hit the registration barrier.

Donald Hebb

Hmmm, I've been to the barrier and I think I've done everything I can... But I can't seem to complete the quests dealing with the mining cave. I killed the guy creating the undead. I also killed EVERY SINGLE monster in the the mine. No one wants to give me any money for it though, so now i'm angry! So can I not complete those quests untill after I register, or is my game just screwed up?

I believe he means the "mines" in the Formello area. Some of those quest payoffs are crippled as part of the registration barrier evidently.

As I was saying, no way is this demo 1/5 of the game. I'd say it covers about 1/6 the area (max) and maybe 1/10-1/15 the time required to play it doing all the quests. The game is as big or bigger than any previous Avernum, though it's a bit hard to gauge in the same way due to all terrain being continuous "outdoors". It takes longer to get places as often as not.

I finished both of those quests. The only ones I've got left are "Metal for Dawdy" (which I doubt ever ends), "Translate Scrolls" (the ones from Monastery), "Go to Castle," "Wanted: Graymold," "Rat Hunt" (I've been through the whole region and have 4; I'm not looking for more), and "Message to Silvar."

Some of those are from the job boards.

I can't order at 10 AM tomorrow as I'll be taking a chemistry final until 11. Besides which the phone frightens me. smirk

Quote:
Originally written by Stupid NEwbie Man:
I finished both of those quests. The only ones I've got left are "Metal for Dawdy" (which I doubt ever ends), "Translate Scrolls" (the ones from Monastery), "Go to Castle," "Wanted: Graymold," "Rat Hunt" (I've been through the whole region and have 4; I'm not looking for more), and "Message to Silvar."
You can finish the rat hunt (try revisiting somewhere you already found rats) and the graymold quests, but the latter only if you are willing to steal out from under someone's nose. Not sure how many players have noticed, but you CAN steal openly (seen) a certain number of times in any town or area before the locals will get up in arms against you. If you are going to be a shameless thief, choose your targets carefully.

Quote:
Originally written by Synergy67:
but the latter only if you are willing to steal out from under someone's nose.
I think I was able to finish that graymold one without stealing. And before I got past the registration barrier (or where it would've been). I just can't remember where... maybe in that cave that Potionmaster Hrank tells you about (the one with a hellhound problem).

No one have registered yet?

I have some questions:

Are the vahnatai lands availible in this game?

Tower of magi is ok now?

Cotra has been rebuilt?

Can you go to upper avernum or the surface? I really hope that in avernum 5 people may go to the Avernum area in Valorim.

What happened to the crystal cave to the west of cotra? I liked that place...

Quote:
Originally written by chicho1102:
No one have registered yet?
Some have. And some beta testers have finished the game.
Quote:
Are the vahnatai lands availible in this game?
No.
Quote:
Tower of magi is ok now?
Uh, kind of. There are people living there, but it's not rebuilt.
Quote:
Cotra has been rebuilt?
Yes.
Quote:
Can you go to upper avernum or the surface?
No.
Quote:
I really hope that in avernum 5 people may go to the Avernum area in Valorim.
Personally, I'm betting on it.
Quote:
What happened to the crystal cave to the west of cotra? I liked that place...
As far as I know, it's gone... but I don't remember. Anyone else remember?

Do tell, Skippy. I could tell the well was trying to do something, but couldn't figure out what exactly.

There are many nods to and relics of old familiar places throughout this retread through Avernum, and you can see how time has changed some of them. But I could not find any hint of the crystal caves in the Eastern Gallery, and I was expecting something to be there.

I have, similarly, got to the end of the demo. Other than those that can't be accomplished before registration, I've finished every quest with one exception, and, but for the Testing Skeleton, I've killed every monster (except for the annoying burrowed worms and crawlers, which appear to be infinite in number).

Scavenging rats appear all over the place, especially the locked buildings in the Draco farmlands. They regenerate – just run off to the other side of the area map and come back.

Graymold can be purchased from the Swampwalker for 120 coins. From where can it be stolen?

Also, does anybody know if there's any purpose to getting iron bars back to Monastery other than a warm-and-fuzzy feeling and some extra cash?

Final question – if they can be found in the demo area, where the dickens are the Motrax tablets? I've looked everywhere.

GIFTS—The iron bar quest never goes away, but it is the only one which is perpetual. If you do everything possible in the game, it will be the only quest left glaring accusingly at you from the Quests lists at the end of the game. Apparently, the blacksmith in Fort Monastery has an insatiable appetite for iron. You'd think he was equpping the entire Avernum army or something.