Geneforge 5: Overthrow - October Update

Originally Posted By: Shaper Andrace
3.According to Randomizer, all Shapers we have met so far are backwater losers. Andrace does not think this is so. Randomizer noted Diwania spcifically saying he was sent to a boring swamp, but he was a brand new shaper on his first assignment, and still put up a tough fight if you tried to kill him.

FYT-ish. If anything, I think this proves more about the strength of novice Shapers than anything else. Which in turn proves more about the strength of the master Shapers.

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's two things, one is conversion of graphics to Windows format and Jeff has lots of graphics. The second is testing and Jeff releases the game in sections so he has time to adjust the game without having some testers racing towards the end and others doing every minor quest.

Windows testing is quicker because most bugs are gone, but he still tweaks game balance and sometimes makes changes from the Mac version. In GF4, drayks have physical missle damage for Mac and fire damage for Windows.

Considering all the factions and zones plus changes to the spell system, I think he will have the game out quite quickly. We took 4 months to do the Mac testing because Jeff needed to adjust the balance for all the changes in spells.

OH man, so I couldn't wait til home to get a taste and I booted er up on my 22" 1680x1050, this is what I'm talking about. The best of both worlds, the old retro graphics (these old sprite type graphics have always been more detailed and generally nicer to look at in my opinion) and the sucker scales to my monstrous monitor perfectly. Really top notch.