Geneforge 5: Overthrow - October Update

DV - there are the cryoaskin greaves, but almost all the players aren't going to buy them and by the endgame you don't have the slots to carry them around to swap when you need them. I actually got them as a drop once in probably three hundred cryoa kills.

Jeff went all out to make the endgame memorable so you can't demand a sequel. That's if you make it to the end without switching to easy level.

Edit - I forgot, Jeff changed the label on one vlish so it's delicious.

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Down here, we all float.

Edit.

Does anybody think the new farty sound that happens when you physically attack a vlish as absolutely hilarious?

Even more comical is the terror that takes over a creation after the strike. The bad smell must drive them away or something. It is like punching a whoopie cushion.

Originally Posted By: Nebulan
Oh god, I'm not that gothic.

Excuse Nalyd? Gothic? Does he really have to go through this again? Nalyd isn't gothic. He has a taste for violence, the macabre, and darker aspects of life. Not gothicism. If you don't know the difference, you need to research your subcultures.

Though the style is nice. Nalyd doesn't have anywhere near the patience for it, though.

Originally Posted By: BlueRivets
Nothing can unshape mighty Ghaldrig, I hope we can adventure with him in G5.

No doubt Ghaldrig and the shaper counsel will meet and it will be like the start of G3 with everyone dead.

Also, if "full, and not 'backwater'" shapers are roaming around, Nebulan expects that he should be classed as a full shaper in the game by THIS time. Meaning he should be able to learn a skill that allows him to wave his hand and absorb/harm with great effectiveness creations and Lifecrafters.
That is all.

Problem with the Lifecrafter's is that they're still human, so they probably won't be more affected by Shaper attacks than other Shapers, unless Lifecrafters are re-shaped so many times that they are more essence/creation than actual humans.

It probably won't be in there, but if you're a rebel and want to work for the Shapers, it would be nice if you could calm your anger like what Lilitalia did in G4 and practice being human again... but then, that would defeat the themes of the canisters: to gain power, will you sacrifice your sanity?

As Neb said before...

Correct, Neb believes it was in geneforge 2 that showed that unless creations were willing, the shaper had difficulty absorbing creations.

It also makes sence the shaper would be able to kill Lifecrafters. The shaper absorbes the essence enfused in the Lifecrafter's DNA, causeing it to break down in massive amounts, mostly in the brain. The entire being doesn't vanish, it just dies from loss of too much essential DNA components, braindeath.

Ehm, DNA isn't found only in one's brain but in every single cell, so the lifecrafter wouldn't be suffering from brain death.

Oh, and shapers/lifecrafters are only capable of absorbing creations that don't have a strong will, otherwise it could've been veeery easy to put an end to the rebellion by now. And the thing with full shapers...well i don't quite buy that, i mean the shapers from the continent in G4 should've been full, righty?

...mostly in the brain

Neb said that he would not vanish, just stop working because by this time he would be missing too many pieces.

The definition of the Geneforge or canisters is that they infuse essence with DNA, it is not possible to completely absorb a Lifecrafter. However, you could to a good bit and be left with a pile of pink-brown goo.
Does this help clear Neb's statement up?