Geneforge 5: Overthrow - October Update

Jeff has come down from the mount to announce 40 more days and nights of beta testing before the release, hopefully in late November. This offer is subject to change without prior notice.

We finally get to see the final part of the game, if it ever finishes downloading. Some graphics and screens are not in final form.

You can craft up to 16 different artifacts during the game if you find the right ingredients and know their recipes. Plus the usual assortment of wands and other lesser items.

For those of you planning to play the game more than once. You should play a servile just to see all their specific dialog and see what it's like a the bottom. Also run a rebel aligned character to see the Delicious Vlish reference in the later part of the game.

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: Dikiyoba
Originally Posted By: Randomizer
Also run a rebel aligned character to see the Delicious Vlish reference in the later part of the game.

What is this madness, and what threats did DV use to bring it about? tongue

Dikiyoba.

A - He's magically delicious

B - He threated to use fiesty slaps (tentacles) of pain

C - Vlsih mind control

D - All of the above

After all that effort on the invitation quests, we deserved to see the results of our hard work. So yes.

Still not done with the game. I've got a few more zones to go with this faction.

Ah, good. Tell us if the endings do the epic any justice...

But, to my original question, is the Shaper Council a hive mind, so to speak, or all they all characterized... And, as an afterthought, anyone we know who's on the Council?

Jeff has come down from the mount to announce 40 more days and nights of beta testing before the release, hopefully in late November. This offer is subject to change without prior notice.

We finally get to see the final part of the game, if it ever finishes downloading. Some graphics and screens are not in final form.

You can craft up to 16 different artifacts during the game if you find the right ingredients and know their recipes. Plus the usual assortment of wands and other lesser items.

For those of you planning to play the game more than once. You should play a servile just to see all their specific dialog and see what it's like a the bottom. Also run a rebel aligned character to see the Delicious Vlish reference in the later part of the game.

I hate you with a passion. Torutureing me like this.

2 questions

1) Will the Shaper Council area be like Queass-ass, being a single very involved map(or maybe two)

2) Has Jeff added more areas to the game, including Dungen areas(being more than 80)

>If you give a man a fish, you feed him for a day. You teach a man to fish, you feed him for a lifetime......but if you give him a pack of ornks, you feed him and his entire village. Why are you so cruel?<
The Chinese/Me

You will get to meet most of the Council before you reach the endgame.

Quote:
1) Will the Shaper Council area be like Quess-uss, being a single very involved map(or maybe two)?

I still have to finish so it isn't quite the same as GF4. But the Shaper Citadel is more than one zone.

Quote:
2) Has Jeff added more areas to the game, including Dungen areas(being more than 80)

There are 82 zones currently scripted. Some areas can only be visited by certain factions so powergaming to shift sides will allow you to see more of the game. Also some zones react differently depending upon what side you are on at the time you enter and what you have done. It's kind of like the ending to GF4 on a broader scale.

The game map is more closely related to GF4 with play restricted by certain zones that have major quests that need to be done to go into the next group of zones. No more wasting hours boating your hoard from island to island. I do recommend piling it up in a border zone.

That Shaper Citadel has me wondering... what's the Shaper Citadel called? Or is it just called that...

I'm hoping for something creative. Also, any other provinces or whatever names I could know? Continent names, provinces, cities, whatever. I'm a geographical name nerd, I suppose.

Comes from making lots of maps in your spare time, I s'pose. Not that I have any spare time...

Originally Posted By: Goldenking
That Shaper Citadel has me wondering... what's the Shaper Citadel called? Or is it just called that...

We're talking about the same Jeff who made a big point of the Empire just being called the Empire, and who named all of Valorim's provinces after his ex-girlfriends. I wouldn't expect a particularly creative name if I were you.

Correcting some spelling errors:

Alwan is in the city of Stormhold in the Storm Plains.

Rawal is Isenwood's Spire.

Jeff recycles some names so Footracer is getting overrun again and we still don't know what she did to deserve it.

The new class is runable just like an agent with the bonus that the extra essence can be used for creations to help out with the fighting. I only ran it for a while (20 zones), but it works better than a shaper since your buffs last longer and you can do decent spell damage.

Sometimes I wonder if it is really worth reading all these tantalising bits of information... Perhaps it is an inate instict to inflict such torture on myself?

All I have to say is I'm glad that I can run as an Agent again, because I really like her (me being a loner and all, though creations are cool), and I really want to know what in heaven's name happened to Alwan.

Reinforcements found Alwan in the inner shaping hall, after killing everything inside single handedly, with his arms and a leg fifty feet away from his body, and a metal spike going through his liver, an ear cut off, nose missing, but with an extra toe.

“I’s all good,” says General Alwan… shape me some prosthetics.

No, not really, but my, that would make a kick'n story.

Back on track for a post.

There are now 82 zones with the addition of the optional expert dungeon designed to kill you all. smile

One zone will not be available unless you belong to the extremist Rebel faction so you should save before joining and finishing off the game. For some of you this will be very important so you can express your feelings to certain faction leaders. Jeff hasn't included the dialog option where you can tell them what you think, so actions will have to do.

This is great news. Too bad, Jeff prefers Macintosh, so Windows users have to suffer at least 2-3 months before Geneforge 5: Overthrow's release. Randomizer, how about the second tier creations? Did Jeff replace those "Create, fight gloriously, and after a while, disinteragate and collapse" like Shock Tralls with better, but balanced, designs?

I can't help but find it ironic that most people don't seem to use creations in a game thats virtually about making your own servants. I personally use the Warrior/Guardian class so 3 or 4 creations and thats enough. I never really feel a terrible loss at a few expereince points.

>Geneforge Joke: Who is a gazer's best friend?

Click to reveal..
An Eye Docter

I think some people who enjoy Geneforge prefers spells rather than creations to kill those A.I. dummies.

The 4 things that make the Geneforge series a win:

*Creations

*Spells

*Gameplay

*Storyline

How can one not use all 4 of them?

1000+ damage per turn? That, to me looks more like a totally-devestating Unbound rogue mutant's fiery. Doubt any Shaper from the Shaper Council can do more than 500+ damage per turn.

I wonder who else here who did the beta testing actually tested the creations?

Originally Posted By: Dark Nept

1000+ damage per turn?

Unbound could easily do that, since non hasted they have 17 AP, and if hasted 22. The PC can do it too. My Servile did around 300 per strike to the average foe at the end, and he almost always got a second strike, and with a couple of quicksilver items and speed, I got 15 ap per round. So lets say I did full damage and hit every time with a second strike. Thats 300x6. 1800 Damage per round. And I'm not all that much of a powergamer, if you look at Synergys Infiltrator, you will find that kill did 450 per strike, let alone her Ur-Drakon adding in.

Quote:
You can craft up to 16 different artifacts during the game if you find the right ingredients and know their recipes.

Is the Emerald Chestguard back? ::chants::
One more thing, this time, do you need to know the needed recipe to forge the needly item?

Quote:
Hey, hey, it's a good thing that we PC users get to wait. By the time the game is released for us, there'll be a guide up showing us how to make the most of rep, etc.

For every down, there's and up.

You just need the ingredients and figure out which ones go together.

When the game comes out, we'll have a topic with the crafting recipes so you can plan ahead on what you want instead of tossing away a perfectly good artifact to make a more powerful one for the same equipment slot.

Originally Posted By: Velius Azuma
Is the Emerald Chestguard back? ::chants::

No.

Aw... Jeff never made did made one artifact that could match up to it. The Savagery maybe, but not that close.

@Xelgion
I have two accounts. This one I made when my first won't log in when the forums upgraded.

Synergy was running the new class so he has some creations. I was forced to make a pair of rotghroths to finish off the expert dungeon, but they didn't survive. Student of Trinity mentioned making some occasionally.

From what I've seen the basic ones are still here, but the cryoa is the only one I've tried of the next group. The problem with running an essence limited guardian.