G5 wishlist.

Theres a topic for creations, but I think that we should be able to express our wishes for other things. I would start with saying that I would like there to be more spells and for the game to be a bit more open-ended, by there being maybe some towns that have non-sided quests and shops, etc and places that you can explore, kind of like oblivion, if any of you have ever played that.

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another option is too have some new threat that just appeard and have the shapers and rebels team up against them. That way there can be a new side completely that you can play, or you can play on the rebel/shaper side with that be the new twist. However I think that you should also be able to do a lot of open ended stuff once the you complete the main story line as I mentioned in my previous post. One example would be to have creatures spawn in certain places. So in a swamp there a dangerous snake might spawn every couple of minutes(with a cap on that of course so there wouldn't be like 40 million monsters once you get to a spot. You know what I mean?

The Geneforge games have always been very open ended, geist. Have you bought any of them?

The Shapers will probably, depending on which ending is chosen, start teaching magic quickly and make becoming a Shaper easier. However I'd like to remind you that the middle of a warzone is not the best place for an apprentice to train.

Unless it was the Sholai, who really don't have the man power, or the Trakovites, who might have the man power, the new force would be to weak.

That already happened in the Fens of Aziraph, pre-Monarch's death. Of course the monsters that get spawned don't give experience though. Pity.

Missle weapons giving stat bonuses sounds cool, and definitly possible.

Personally, I'd like to see the Trakovite ending so that all three sides have pretty much equal power. Along with more refugees, more people taking advantage of the chaos, (bandits, cultists, etc.) Alwan and Greta dead, and new player shaped creations. (Golem, Shade, and a shapeshifter like the Titan was)

Quote:
Originally written by Infernal Flamming Muffin:
A few remaining barzites appearing to make trouble would make G5 a little more interesting.
M+m's as food item :p

Big epic battle (like in A2).

A moving spawner battle would be very interesting.
Yes, a few remaining Barzites causing mischief a la Monarch, Shaping a mobile Creator, requiring the Shapers or Rebels (depending on the PC) to charge them in an epic battle would be interesting. :p

I have G4 but I only got it recently, I literally played the first 2 hours and then said, "I have to have this game", so I haven't finished it yet, so I don't really know how things end, but I have kinda got what happens from reading the post about the infiltrator. Also another thing that would please me greatly would be for the general or whatever category it is (leadership, mechanics, and luck) to be expanded and made cheaper with of course them not playing such an ube rimportant role in the game to compensate with them being cheaper and since there would be more skills they wouldn't have to be as important individually. I'm not sure what skills exactly it would be comprised of, but i'm sure you guys could come up with at least a few great ones. Good idea?

Quote:
Originally written by geist:
I have G4 but I only got it recently, I literally played the first 2 hours and then said, "I have to have this game", so I haven't finished it yet, so I don't really know how things end, but I have kinda got what happens from reading the post about the infiltrator. Also another thing that would please me greatly would be for the general or whatever category it is (leadership, mechanics, and luck) to be expanded and made cheaper with of course them not playing such an ube rimportant role in the game to compensate with them being cheaper and since there would be more skills they wouldn't have to be as important individually. I'm not sure what skills exactly it would be comprised of, but i'm sure you guys could come up with at least a few great ones. Good idea?
So your saying divide the Leadership skill into Barter, Convincing, and Tricking? Or dividing the Mechanics skill into Lockpicking, Mine Disarming, and Trap Disarming? In return for making them each individually cheaper, of course.

I suppose that could happen, but I don't see any reason for it to happen.

I want to see my old G3 PC turn up again!

Barring that I think G5 should be a post-armageddon world were the shaper-rogue war has devestated the planet a bit like Heros of Might and Magic VI were two waring factions had wiped each other off the face of the earth by a holocaustic explosion.

A thousand years after the war were the earth is devestated and humans are reduced to small communitys with myths about a war among the gods and lifemakers etc etc.

Quote:
How about Alwan and Greta getting married?
eek

No, they just respect eachother. In the final battle it is said that they look at eachother for a bit, knowing that one must die. After all, they did travel together.

Either it is: Greta dead, Miranda dead, Alwan alive
Or Greta alive, Miranda dead, Alwan dead after the final battle.

I have a feeling that the Rebel ending will happen because the shaper ending basically devestates the Rebels. Or the trakovite...that has a possibility too.

Why would Miranda be dead if the Shapers won?

Anyway, Dikiyoba places Dikiyoba's bets on the Trakovite ending being the closest to G5's setting, since it allows for a stalemate between rebels and Shapers, keeps enough people left alive to form a decent Trakovite sect, and gets the PC from G4 conveniently out of the way.

A nasty force already forced the Shapers and Rebels into a temporary alliance. It was called Monarch.

Serviles have already been discussed excrutiatingly. It is possible, but not likely. Although Jeff added the new uber-loyalist battle serviles in G4, so it is more likely now then ever.

Bah, Alwan and Greta have served their time and both became rather dull by the end of G4. However, Miranda should stay as she is my favourite Shaper. Skilled, definitly sticks out in a crowd, and is an uplift/comic relief.

PCs don't show up in latter games. It's not Jeff's style, and would tell what the PC did in the last game. Doesn't really work out in a big open-ended game like this.

Ehem, people actually want to see the result of the war, not some post-apocalyptic copy game. Not to mention that there hasn't even been real mention of the gods.

Two things to clarify. First of all. What I mean by open ended isn't that you can change sides, thats a given, but the fact that areas won't be so...completable... like for instance monster spawns or maybe like a mercinary camp, where you can train and maybe recruit a few people, etc. and there would always be something to do there, unlike in G4 where for instance, you go through an area, kill everyone, learn the spells that are there, move on, done. Get what I mean? The second thing. What I meant by divied the general skills set is not to split the existing ones, just make add some and lower their influence in the game. For instance, right now there is no way you could have gone through G4 and done pretty much anything if you didn't have at least 6 leadership and 8 mechanics. What I think is that maybe the general set should be split into, leadership, security, stealth, luck, and athletics. Athletics would allow you to get to certain areas and give you maybe an extra AP in battle every couple of levels or something, etc. Stealth would make it that people would have to be closer to you to see you and would also allow you to see further, etc. you know, stealthy things.. Also security should be exapanded to pickpocketing. Those skills could be revised or new ones added, etc, but what I mean is basically make those several skills that would complement your class, ie. the infiltrator might invest into security and stealth, whlist the warrior might invest leadership and then lets say they both have to get into the keep for a certain mission, well the infiltrator would sneak past the gaurds while the warrior might convince them to let him in or maybe the servile would use his alchemy(mentioned later) to make a potion which lets him be invis for ten seconds of 10AP of battle and walk right past the gaurds, that you could also use when you are not in battle, another might be alchemy that would let you make potions, etc. or crafting, which would allow you to make swords and stuff with bircks, etc that you could buy and the higher your level you could make verious things, instead of have them be pretty much manditory skills that are just there.. Another thing I want to see in G5 which would completment the open-endedness that I have talked about would be slightly bigger areas, like the actuall individual areas, with maybe one or two of them actually being like big cities, not like the big shaper outpost in G4 but like a real city, with shops, and all. What do you guys think?

Quote:
Two things to clarify. First of all. What I mean by open ended isn't that you can change sides, thats a given, but the fact that areas won't be so...completable... like for instance monster spawns or maybe like a mercinary camp, where you can train and maybe recruit a few people, etc. and there would always be something to do there, unlike in G4 where for instance, you go through an area, kill everyone, learn the spells that are there, move on, done. Get what I mean? The second thing. What I meant by divied the general skills set is not to split the existing ones, just make add some and lower their influence in the game. For instance, right now there is no way you could have gone through G4 and done pretty much anything if you didn't have at least 6 leadership and 8 mechanics. What I think is that maybe the general set should be split into, leadership, security, stealth, luck, and athletics. Athletics would allow you to get to certain areas and give you maybe an extra AP in battle every couple of levels or something, etc. Stealth would make it that people would have to be closer to you to see you and would also allow you to see further, etc. you know, stealthy things.. Also security should be exapanded to pickpocketing. Those skills could be revised or new ones added, etc, but what I mean is basically make those several skills that would complement your class, ie. the infiltrator might invest into security and stealth, whlist the warrior might invest leadership and then lets say they both have to get into the keep for a certain mission, well the infiltrator would sneak past the gaurds while the warrior might convince them to let him in or maybe the servile would use his alchemy(mentioned later) to make a potion which lets him be invis for ten seconds of 10AP of battle and walk right past the gaurds, that you could also use when you are not in battle, another might be alchemy that would let you make potions, etc. or crafting, which would allow you to make swords and stuff with bircks, etc that you could buy and the higher your level you could make verious things, instead of have them be pretty much manditory skills that are just there.. Another thing I want to see in G5 which would completment the open-endedness that I have talked about would be slightly bigger areas, like the actuall individual areas, with maybe one or two of them actually being like big cities, not like the big shaper outpost in G4 but like a real city, with shops, and all. What do you guys think?
Before I go on, I'd like to say that you should use paragraphs. It makes it much easier to read your text.

Now then, you're saying that if you kill everyone in a city, and then come back, there should be more to do? I don't think that is very realistic.

Or are you saying that new things should come to a city, like wandering merchants or something? That would be nice.

A few of those skills, like stealth, are reasonable. However, other skills like alchemy, seem like a waste of time. It seems to be a time-consuming task, so having our PC do it seems to be a lot of work. I also don't like making it there are class specific traits.

On bigger cities, this is a war. As seen by Valeya and Poryphra, all the big cities get destroyed. Not to mention you made this idea rather vague.

Ok I see what you are saying about general skill set though I would still like stealth to be added, because that would be easy to implement and enchance the game greatly. Also I did not mean make them class specific I mearly meant, that with what I was talkign about not everybody would have to invest in each general skill. Thoughts?

First of all, I did mean that people come and go such as merchants, but I think that maybe monsters should spawn or something like that, because it just seems kind of lame to go through kill a few people buy some spells, and woo woo..done.

Also one other thing about spawning...items!!!! it is so frustrating that you can buy everything and then...nothing, I think that merchants, etc. should restock maybe..I'm not saying like all their wares go back to the original amount every 3 hours or whatever, but maybe their wares would wary.

Now, about the cities.. what I meant is that in G4,...so far...im decently far in the 3 chapter... there are no real..cities...and yes there are outposts that are kind of big, but look at them really..5 mundane serviles, rebels, etc. that say nothing, 10 guards that say nothing, 3 people that give quests, 10-15 creatures that don't speak, 1 trainer...so what I am trying to say is maybe have it be maybe only 20 people, but they all have some function, and maybe more then 3 houses, they can be run down, I'm not saying they should be some glourious place, and you know..a city.

Let me give an example. Somewhat run down city. There is a wall that surrounds the city, with two gates on opposite sides. The city takes up most of the map and the wall surronds it. When you walk up to the gate, you see that by each gate there are two gaurds. When you talk to them they have some mundane options which basically let you into the city, and if you have high enough leadership, they give you some tips on who to talk to. The layout inside the city is in the center of the city there is a building which houses the mayor and has the important officals in it. In the northerneastern corner there are maybe 4 houses, which you can loot and people come and go from them. In the southeastern corner there are several shops, a smithy, a herbologist, a magic shop, and a general trade shop. In the Northwestern corner there are is a small jail and some stables, (the horses are gone) and there is nothign in the remaining corner. In the mayors office you find out that the city is being attacked by the rebels and if you kill the leader you will get rewarded. Two of the people who live in the houses have quests along with one of the shop keepers. There are 2 additional guards inside the city who patrol. Not the most intensive thing in the world, but for some reason I havent seen a single area like that in Geneforge so far. Now i'm not saying every spot inside G5 should be like this, in fact this shouldn't occur often, but I think that that would be kinda cool. Any ideas on how to make the idea better, or does it just suck?

Quote:
Originally written by Dikiyoba:
Why would Miranda be dead if the Shapers won?

Anyway, Dikiyoba places Dikiyoba's bets on the Trakovite ending being the closest to G5's setting, since it allows for a stalemate between rebels and Shapers, keeps enough people left alive to form a decent Trakovite sect, and gets the PC from G4 conveniently out of the way.
Not to mention it nicely sets up the storyline for a few different conclusions. The Shapers know the Rebels can unleash something pretty horrible through shaping, the (non-drakon) Rebels know they want to win, but don't want go quite that far.

Than we get a PC being able to choose a fair amount of different possibilities. Will you bring peace between the Rebels and the Shapers? Will you help the Drakons survive on their own and help them make a new Unbound? Do you help the Shapers subdue the Rebellion at any cost?

One thing I think might do well in Geneforge 5 is some sort of limited in battle mode shaping. Its one of those things that bugs me about vedio games (especially older ones), the computer controlled characters always seem to have more "moves" than you do to make up for their shocking lack of artificial intelligence. In the previous games the only way to make more creations was to run away until the enemies were off the screen, exit battle mode, shape, and then return.

A couple of ideas of how to implement this, either be able to shape any creation in battle but in exchange for not being able to do anything but move the character half the normal action points distance on next turn. Creation would appear at the end of the movement of the next turn.

Other idea, be able to shape any time in battle without penalty but be limited to really low level creations, say fiyora's/artillas or the little wormy guys that practically everybody but you seems to be able to make in G4. Also, make being able to shape a Fiyora or artilla in battle an aquired skill of being having enough skill in that creation to make the second version of it.

An interesting combination of the two above ideas, There could also be a stat point category for this as a skill. So basic idea, there is a stat point for in-battle shaping. Basic investment in it allows primitive creations (wormy things). Higher investment shaping of higher creations in battle perhaps with less and less action point penalty on next turn depending on how advanced a creation it was.

This could be done really intricately or really simple. On one hand doing it complicated could make the game feel a lot more real when an enemy shaper starts churning out creations in battle instead of being stuck not being able to do the same. However, we don't want to go the direction of some RPG's that have such complicated stats systems that its impossible to know what they all actually do and you stop really caring. Like Final Fantasy 1 for instance. However its done, I think in battle shaping of some sort would be an excellent modification to the battle interface.

Quote:
Originally written by CrouchingOwl:
However, we don't want to go the direction of some RPG's that have such complicated stats systems that its impossible to know what they all actually do and you stop really caring. Like Final Fantasy 1 for instance.
Did you mean Final Fantasy 11 or 12? Final Fantasy 1 has five stats, four of which have one extremely simple effect each and one of which does nothing.

The ability to make low level creations while in combat is an excellent idea.

Another idea which I'm rather fond of is "Wild Shaping". That is, in desperation, the PC will fire off random bursts of 'Shaping' energy. What creation is generated is random (ergo. any monster in the database), its stats are random, and whether it is friendly/hostile would also be random (although higher character levels could improve your chances of a friendly creation)

I meant honest to goodness Final Fantasy 1, that ancient NES game that compared to the later showing almost doesn't have a plot line... but was cool because it was pushing the very limit of what an NES game could possibly be in terms of sophistication... Its stat system is just plain old too confusing to tell you much of anything interesting except in most basic catagories and since you didn't get to choose where anything was focused it seemed bordering on pointless to go into so much detail. You are right when you leveled up their were only a few catagories, but when you went to look at any of them later on the info screen if I remember correctly there were 20 some individual skill stats listed in percentages or something weird like that. Looked more like a technical readout that the programers forgot to summarize or better yet hide.

Um...

Strength adds directly to damage dealt.

Agility adds directly to your evasion rate.

Luck adds directly to your chance of running.

Vitality adds directly to the HP you gain each level up.

(Intelligence does nothing.)

The stats go up by themselves when you level up.

How the heck is this confusing? This is practically the simplest RPG stat system I've ever seen.

those catagories made sense, when you look at it later in the character info screens where you do things like equip weapons and things like that. If you wanted to understand how much effect a weapon was having on a skill you had to equip the weapon and then switch over to a stat screen that had the tech readout I was talking about. The basic leveling was ok, but trying to make any sense of it later in the context of how powerful your weapons and armor were and things like that just got irritating.

Quote:
Originally written by Haakai-Tender Valcrist:
I have one wish..though it may not be related to G5..and this certain wish will, perhaps, never happen..

A MMORPG Geneforge! POW!!

Oh yeah..how about the usage of the Geneforge again by the PC?
Unless Jeff somehow got one million dollars and a free network with no mantainence costs, that would be extremly unlikely to happen. As in, don't get your hopes up for a Geneforge MMORPG. Ever.

By the way, in G1 and G4 you can use the Geneforge.

We could all donate monies....and then we could haev the fantastic geneforge 5 mmorpg!!!!! dun dun dun dun dun dun ... just kidding. But seriously, another idea I think that might be overpowerd would be custom class, though im sure theres some way to make it not overpowerd.

Quote:
We could all donate monies....and then we could haev the fantastic geneforge 5 mmorpg!!!!! dun dun dun dun dun dun ... just kidding. But seriously, another idea I think that might be overpowerd would be custom class, though im sure theres some way to make it not overpowerd.
The classes, as I've heard it, are pretty much custom. Some classes are more customizable then others, but still.

They're customizable in the sense that you can train in whatever you want after your character is created, but there's no option for a custom class like in Avernum. You have to choose to be one of the five classes, and that determines starting skills, skill point costs, and the formulas for health, energy, and essence.

Dikiyoba.

I would like to first off say, I would like to see a decent amount of new spells in G5, with a few innovative ones in the mental magic category that have miselanious purposes, somewhat like unlock, and of course some new battle magic and blessing.

Second thing...I realize it is going to be a while...a decent while, but do we haev any ideas when G5 betas or G5 might come out? I only learned about Geneforge 3 weeks ago so I don't know when G4 came out, or how quickly the games are realesed.

Quote:
I would like to first off say, I would like to see a decent amount of new spells in G5, with a few innovative ones in the mental magic category that have miselanious purposes, somewhat like unlock, and of course some new battle magic and blessing.

Second thing...I realize it is going to be a while...a decent while, but do we haev any ideas when G5 betas or G5 might come out? I only learned about Geneforge 3 weeks ago so I don't know when G4 came out, or how quickly the games are realesed.
Jeff usually takes a year when he's working from the ground up. That and he alternates between games. First Geneforge III, then Avernum IV, then Geneforge IV, now a rather short time with Nethergate: Ressurection, then Avernum V, then Geneforge V. So, don't worry about missing them, they wouln't be for a while.

Just a curiosity thing, but what's with all the suggestion topics always containing people saying "I hope it'll be an MMORPG!", it's been going on for as long as I've been lurking around here, and I've been lurking a good while.

MMORPGs aren't some kind of magical band-aid fix-it-all this'll be awesome, in fact, they tend to be the opposite. There are many good MMORPGs and many more very bad MMORPGs, and while you could probably convert the Exile/Avernum setting to one, I don't think it'd really add anything to the games.

Adding multiplayer to games that don't need it really just means you get something that isn't any good at all. Not to mention you're basically diverging into a different genre.

Making an MMORPG isn't as simple as taking an RPG and than adding online capabilities. It's much like suggesting the next Exile game should be a first person shooter.

First i'd like to say IM BACK.

Then i would like to offer a few ideas about Geneforge 5... First off, you could find a shaper/rebel npc near the begining that, like you can shape, that is also willing to team up with you. This would give you the ability to have like a kind of family tree so you have 14 possible creations (just a suggestion)

Or to adapt this theory you could have it were your home/school/werever is attacked and you pair up with a more powerful shaper for a short time... kind of like need for speed underground 2 were they start you off driveing one of fastest cars.

I'd also like to see you being able to mount/ride your creations to give yourself a speed increase while moveing normaly and a slighty harder to hit chance from melee wepons attcking them and them attacking you but easyer chance to hit for range wepons.

Other possibilitys that i would like or could come into the storyline is that the rebel drackons invent a geneforge to turn the humen rebes into drakons and you have been choosen, so not only are you fighting for the rebelion but your also fighting to gain pride and power in the drakons eyes.

I like the idea of towns changeing quite a bit but would also like towns to offer a lot more reasons to revisit them like in geneforge 4 there were only 5 canisters to get from the people that make them... why cant they make more? and also you could change it from instead of everytime you travel it increases the day count as one make the day count increse every 10 minuits with the area darkening and brightening.

There could also be like 3-4 geneforges throughout the game and you use the second only if you have used the first or the 3rd after the 2nd else they kill you.

In Geneforge 4 there was hint of shapers throwing some laws out of the window... how about in geneforge 5 the shapers throw them all out the window and in there last moments create a global problem for the rebels to clean up.

Another point i would like to make is that i would like to see you being able to make every creation that exists... well most im not suggestion being able to make plants... but anyway being able to make serviles and them worms.

Anyway i hope thats enough to chew on... My puntuation is better laugh and im glad to be back.

Hello, I'd just like to say that I would like to see your creations treated like your PC ex. Avernum and the like. Creations should be able to switch between melee and ranged and they should also be able to cast spells. :p

Another nice thing would be to have zones not spawn but (like monarch's swamp) have the monsters running into the zone. Maby not as many. I'd love to see horses, moving wagons, and the like going through a zone. Maby a caravan stops at the outscurts of a zone and when you find it they ask you to escort them. Or maby your walking around a zone you cleared a while ago and theres a begger sitting next to a fire in a clearing that once held the Goblin King's throne (just an example). I'd simply love to see that revisitabilty in zones. Just make it seem like life is happening. I know its a warzone but warzones are the perfect place for monsters and refugees to be wondering around. One idea is for a zone that held several spawners to be cleaned out only for you to find several days later that cultists have set up there. Any thoughts? laugh

Also I think you should be able to buy a mine set. Allow me to elaberate. You buy a mine set (there would be different kinds) and when you use a cluster of mines and a trigger (all deactivated) apear on the ground. Then the next thing would be for you to click on a mine and then an image of it gets turned into your cursor and where you click the mine is set. After you click on and set all the mines you set the trigger. This could be done in an area where you know tons of monsters apear once you get a quest. You set the mines, get the quest and BOOM!!!. Like it? wink

Quote:
Originally written by Melzar Evil Maltazard:
Constitutionalking-Wouldn't Trap Disarming and Mine Disarming be the same?Mines are traps so I'd say Trap Disarming would be the same as Mine Disarming.
That's Goldenking to you, lad.

While mines are traps, not all traps are mines. I was specifically thinking of the ones you get for boxes and chests.

Quote:
Originally written by Leftover Sauerkraut:
I definately want the shaper council to be unmasked and I expect new creations because the shaper laws are becoming more lax.
Yes, a lot of people want to see the Shaper Council.

However, don't we already have new creations? The Shapers aren't stupid enough to Shape something so fast it will turn on them when they make it. It's a science, even though it's magic.

I have a couple wishes:

1. I would like to be able to shape a spider or spiderlike creature. This is spiderweb after all.

2. More artifact crafting options. I would especially like to be able to craft armor and a weapon.

3. Stealth enhancement spell or potion or gem.

4. Like everyone else an improvement to melee creatures. Perhaps melee creatures could prevent those they attack from using a distance attack it they hit before the attacked creature can act. It would be akin to spell failure or holding the distance attacking creature in place.

5. More training options and quests for the power hungry, self maximizing players.

Quote:
Originally written by Ceylon:
I have a couple wishes:

1. I would like to be able to shape a spider or spiderlike creature. This is spiderweb after all.

2. More artifact crafting options. I would especially like to be able to craft armor and a weapon.

3. Stealth enhancement spell or potion or gem.

4. Like everyone else an improvement to melee creatures. Perhaps melee creatures could prevent those they attack from using a distance attack it they hit before the attacked creature can act. It would be akin to spell failure or holding the distance attacking creature in place.

5. More training options and quests for the power hungry, self maximizing players.
Some good, reasonable ideas. I like this kid.

1. Make it a high level creation, created by the Shapers as a last hope. Possibly GIFTS-like.

2. Jeff was probably going to do this anyways.

3. Some sort of stealth-enhancing charm would be cool.

4. Maybe simply making them extremly hard to hurt with ranged attacks would do the trick.

5. Yes, a few more quests that give you more skills would be nice. There weren't to many in G4.

Quote:
Originally written by The Duke:
Hello, I'd just like to say that I would like to see your creations treated like your PC ex. Avernum and the like. Creations should be able to switch between melee and ranged and they should also be able to cast spells. :p

Another nice thing would be to have zones not spawn but (like monarch's swamp) have the monsters running into the zone. Maby not as many. I'd love to see horses, moving wagons, and the like going through a zone. Maby a caravan stops at the outscurts of a zone and when you find it they ask you to escort them. Or maby your walking around a zone you cleared a while ago and theres a begger sitting next to a fire in a clearing that once held the Goblin King's throne (just an example). I'd simply love to see that revisitabilty in zones. Just make it seem like life is happening. I know its a warzone but warzones are the perfect place for monsters and refugees to be wondering around. One idea is for a zone that held several spawners to be cleaned out only for you to find several days later that cultists have set up there. Any thoughts? laugh

Also I think you should be able to buy a mine set. Allow me to elaberate. You buy a mine set (there would be different kinds) and when you use a cluster of mines and a trigger (all deactivated) apear on the ground. Then the next thing would be for you to click on a mine and then an image of it gets turned into your cursor and where you click the mine is set. After you click on and set all the mines you set the trigger. This could be done in an area where you know tons of monsters apear once you get a quest. You set the mines, get the quest and BOOM!!!. Like it? wink
WTF I put in three paragraphs and no one so much as responds or mentions any of them AT ALL. What are my posts invisible???
mad