Energy Preservation

Has anyone tested Energy Preservation in GF4? I searched the forums but didn't see anything.

It seems like a great idea in theory...if I understand it correctly it's supposed to reduce the energy costs of your spells by a certain percentage.

I tried on the preservation suit I got from killing Nakel but I couldn't see any difference in energy or essence costs.

Yeesh -- I'm usually not one for swiping at newbies, but that was a horrible reply.

In fact, I felt compelled to reply if only to state that yes, energy preservation exists, but at least in games past it has been a relatively weak effect, and in GF4 there have always been better equipment options than those offering a bit of energy preservation ... and hence I haven't even tested its (im)potence.

@wary correction

not exactly a noob, just a stalker, read my sig thats why there's a 2 in my name. i havent came out until i lost my pw and gf4 came out

Second, i thought he was talking about an item unrelated to the game.like in a trainer or a file full of new items. (Preservation suit? never heard of it.)

E:

feh i just saw that he was talking about essence, not energy.

And, i've never saw a Preservation Suit in this game, is it a one time thing? And if it is an item

then what does it do?

I have heard of such a thing named Essence Preservation in GF3.

Quote:
Originally written by D.Drew2:
And, i've never saw a Preservation Suit in this game, is it a one time thing? And if it is an item then what does it do?
As the original poster mentioned, Nakel in Northern Fens drops it when killed. As might be gathered from the topic title, it gives a bonus to Energy Preservation. What exactly Energy Preservation does is the present topic of discussion; the original poster has observed no effect from it.

(I presume it does slightly reduce energy costs for spellcasting, but it indubitably sucks.)