Good news!

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally written by Guardian Magma:
Hey, why you don't just open a betatesters topic?
I suggested we get together in the Hidden Forums to plot game strategy, but Jeff doesn't want us teaming up on the monsters. He thinks we do enough damage on our own without collaborating.

Still haven't got to past the Shaper Council.

Originally by Delicious Vlish:

Quote:
So... Has anybody encountered the Battle Omega yet?

Still haven't figured what his weakness is. The Shaper Council Crypt remains unplundered.

Ooh, that's a tricky one. You need a face-leaping spider, because the battle omega is completely armored everywhere else. But there's only one canister of create face-leaping spider in the game, and it's behind a door with a lock too complicated to be picked. But if you can defeat (read: stay alive for five rounds) Vali the uber-drakon, he'll bash the door open for you. And be sure to ask him about the mysterious fourth faction while you're there, because you won't get a chance to come back.

Dikiyoba.

Edit: Typo.

Quote:
Originally written by Dikiyoba:
Originally by Delicious Vlish:

Quote:
So... Has anybody encountered the Battle Omega yet?

Still haven't figured what his weakness is. The Shaper Council Crypt remains unplundered.
it's behind a door with a lock too complicated to be picked. But if you can defeat (read: stay alive for five rounds) Vali the uber-drakon, he'll bash the door open for you.
If your Gumption is over 4 then you can bully Vali into bashing the door without picking a fight, but I don't get why people don't just walk over the stepping stones, through the archway, and through the unblocked wall. It's like Exile all over again laugh

Almost done with the game and I'm planning to run a servile next time. Has anyone tried the vampire option (about halfway into the game)? Since Jeff's working on the documentation there isn't anything about how it works. I didn't want to try as a shaper type with my lousy to hit chance for the bite attack. I was wondering if it gives enough health back to make it worth trying?

The trick with the vampire is to have a bunch of creations that hit things easily, and then equip the Magic Blessed Spawnerskin Torc of Incantatorialistic Burning Wizardry, so you get the HP bonus from your creations. As a side note this finally makes it worthwhile to invest in Endurance, at least when it's cheap.

Has anyone found a use for the Ring of Ma'Ruf that's hidden in Learned Darian's toilet yet?

Try killing Learned Darian.

But do not, I repeat, DO NOT put on the Binding of Wisdom. Sure, the stat bonuses are great, the essence and energy boost is huge, and the +5 to spell level damage in combat is a dream for casters...

But the effect of what it does is unpleasant. At least now we understand the whole he/she confusion.