Canister Limit

Welcome to Spiderware Software, please leave your sanity at the door.

Canister limit increases as you progress in Geneforge 4. Near the start of the game 5 is a good limit, but near the last parts it rises to about 12 before canister madness forces you to attack those stupid things that question your superior abilities.

Quote:
Originally written by Iffy:
And if for some reason you need a "cheat" to remove the effects of your canister usage, press shift-D and type in "sdf 100 4 0" minus the quotes.
Hey Iffy,
That's a good thing to know. It can really change the outcome if you zero out bad cannister effects and still keep the good ones.

Do you, or anyone who sees this, know a similar "cheat" that can be typed in this way that will allow you to change to the lower or upper world maps? I've searched the forum and read the scripts for the eastern and western rises and had no luck finding the right sdf xxx x x or whatever. I've found change_world_map(0) and (1) but no joy. frown
Quote:
Originally written by Thuryl:
I don't think that's stored in an SDF. You'd have to edit the zone script for every zone in which you wanted changing maps to be possible, which seems like more effort than just walking across the Eastern or Western Rise every time.
Hi Thuryl,
Didn't intend to get off topic here. Iffy gave the above info for sdf for clearing out negative cannister effects in my GF4 Editor topic and I was browsing the forums in the wee hours of the morning... Anyhow, just for fun I wanted to put the ability into 2 scripts 1 in south and 1 in north that I've already done some editing to so I could jump from there to the first available location above and below the East or West Rise.
Say From Aziraph Rebel Camp to East Barrier zone and from Citadel Gates to The Golems Fen? Any help would be appreciated.

PS I'm moving this to the New GF Editor topic. Please reply in there. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally written by Micro Phage:
Do you, or anyone who sees this, know a similar "cheat" that can be typed in this way that will allow you to change to the lower or upper world maps? I've searched the forum and read the scripts for the eastern and western rises and had no luck finding the right sdf xxx x x or whatever. I've found change_world_map(0) and (1) but no joy. frown
I don't think that's stored in an SDF. You'd have to edit the zone script for every zone in which you wanted changing maps to be possible, which seems like more effort than just walking across the Eastern or Western Rise every time.

Quote:
Originally written by Appleseed:
Great, thanks. What's with the sanity thing?
Welcome! smile As an ancient mage (who's name one as lowly as I is forbidden to speak) once said to me upon my arrival to these troubled lands countless moons ago when I asked the same question:

"It's the traditional welcome to these realms. Do not be troubled. I lost my sanity millenia ago and found it no great loss. Ultimately a great boon..." cool