Very quick Geneforge 4: Rebellion Update.

Spidweb

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice new screen shots from the middle of the game. Jeff is still revising the last part of the game so he'll be rushing to add the new graphics and any other changes. It seems to be shaping up to be the best Geneforge.

One nice change is that the options you get with both sides depends upon how much you actually help them and not having to choose between dialog options. You still need to make the right dialog choice to get to the option, but now you don't have to pick opinions that you don't believe in anymore.

Originally by Silb Aran:

Quote:
Is this a placeholder graphic?
No, just Salmon being silly.

Quote:
Do they... cast 'razor disks'?
No, just spam.

Quote:
Have we recently entered an alternate plane of the multiverse (I don't watch the news)?
No, we've been there for a while now.

Quote:
Is it possible to get one's sanity back from the door?
No, absolutely not.

Dikiyoba was negative throughout this post. Dikiyoba will try to be more positive later.

Thank you for clearing that up, Dikiyoba. May you prosper and buy a Mac.

Edit:

Quote:
—Alorael, who thinks everyone should pay more attention to the ostensible lies in a certain rather Xian thread. See how many grains of truth you can extract now!
Are you speaking about the "good news" thread (I'm not sure what Xian is)? Sure, that place is all kinds of devious, but suggesting that vahnatai are shapers is outright evil. Does human treachery know no bound?

Originally by Silb Aran:

Quote:
(I'm not sure what Xian is)?
The Xian Skull topic was a very old topic, now lost, where everyone gave hilarious and incorrect answers to a newb's question.

Quote:
Sure, that place is all kinds of devious, but suggesting that vahnatai are shapers is outright evil.
Then Dikiyoba shall not tell you the number of times that this has been suggested.

Some things one should not joke about. There are NO Avernum connections in G4. Kyshakks, yes there are. That is one of the older released screenshots.

I don't know what that mysterious second item is in the party roster of that screenshot, but it must have been some kind of test element from a very early build. It has not made it into the actual game.

Don't you know that fluffy turtles can attack. The bite is more of a gumming attack, but they clamp on and don't let go until they get all of your sanity.

You still have about a week to get a Mac. There are probably some used old Mac minis out there that you could use with your Windows equipment for not too much.

Originally written by Randomizer :

Quote:
Don't you know that fluffy turtles can attack? The bite is more of a gumming attack, but they clamp on and don't let go until they get all of your sanity.
-X- already has no sanity. And, besides, -X- doubts that they can get through his impenetrable shield of Grammar and Spelling.

Do not underestimate the fluffy turtles, -X-. I once saw on the Discovery Channel a video of a steady stream of ants marching up a tree only to be devoured by a praying mantis. However, the ants eventually swarmed the mantis and tore it apart, after which they carried its parts back to their colony to eat. Remember that the next time you try to eat a fluffy turtle. They're smarter than you.

InspectorPeanut.jpg

Thank Lucre that this game is finally comming out. I was sorely disapointed at how bad a game Neverwinter Nights was, and I can't wait to play something I know will be good.

Quote:
Dikiyoba:

Too spammy, didn't read.

I am going to steal this and use it like it was my own from now on.

Quote:
Originally written by Nioca:
Except that the effects of them eating your sanity also negates attempts at mind-control.

Also, speaking of plush stuffed animals, didn't someone else have a stuffed Cryoa?
Insanity gives us the chaos we desire. An unsound mind tastes better. Fluffy turtles provide us with the mental seasoning we crave. Why control food?

Originally by Silb Aran:

Quote:
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh fluffy Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.

Apparently, that particular Great Elder does not eat all that live. Instead, it eats threads.

Another cultist! Someone tell Arancaytar! Iä! Iä!

Originally by SNM:

Quote:
For some reason when I was reading Dikiyoba's stories I kept picturing the turtles more as feathered than fluffy. How strange.
Dikiyoba has always seen the fluffy turtles as covered in really fine, long fluff, kind of like the cats and dogs that have more fluff than body.

Edit: Post 2222.