Servile player

wxxqut

I played G4 2 times as shaper and as rebell.But both times I played as human and not as servile.I noticed people saying that its different with a servile so I want to kinow what exact differences are betwen servile and human characters?And by differences I mean text and plot not combat skills.

And also can you play as loyalist as servile and help them or they won't use help of serviles?

The major differences come at the end. Loyalists will have slightly different dialog options, but there really isn't as big a difference in game play.

Poryphra Ruins when you talk to Shaper Grim is the most interesting one where he talks about what happens after the war. Any servile that doesn't go back under control is to be considered a rogue creation. He feels that serviles should allow themselves to be reabsorbed.

Playing as a servile, there are a few different dialogue lines... a few very touching lines too...

<spoilers>

Player: "I am a servile. A rogue creation. Nothing but death awaits me at your hands.";

Crowley: "You really think that? Recent events have forced us to ... to reevaluate some of our policies. Make no mistake. You will not be hailed as a hero. But you will not be destroyed."

Crowley: "That is why we can forgive you for your crimes. We can even ignore the way you, a creation, have gone so completely rogue. We can learn from each other, instead of us having to destroy you. But only if you aid us. Help us to help you"

Awwwwww... I almost cried. Seriously. It made me think for a moment there was still hope for the Shapers :rolleyes:

Quote:
Originally written by Travers:

Player: "I am a servile. A rogue creation. Nothing but death awaits me at your hands.";

Crowley: "You really think that? Recent events have forced us to ... to reevaluate some of our policies. Make no mistake. You will not be hailed as a hero. But you will not be destroyed."
Crowley: "That is why we can forgive you for your crimes. We can even ignore the way you, a creation, have gone so completely rogue. We can learn from each other, instead of us having to destroy you. But only if you aid us. Help us to help you"
Isn't Crowley the general you speak to in the Shaper camp? Does he say those things there or do you meet him again later?

It's similar, but also not similar. To pardon a a rebel criminal is one thing, but to step down and actually request help from not just a servile, but a magic wielding servile with the ability to shape... well that really shows how far the shapers have come.

So yeah, I'm having a lot more sympathy for the shapers playing as a servile, as it really changes the story just by changing the context.

Please keep in mind that this disallowment of the CoC is still in effect:

+ Using vulgarity and/or obscenities in any language (whether it's in the open, masked, or abbreviated)

I know that, in most cases, each of us is capable of more creative and succinct adjectives to describe our opinions. That's actually my primary beef with language usage: too many perfectly fine words feel lonely and left out because we instead overuse and render meaningless once perfectly utilitarian words like "awesome," "gay" "discrimination" and "@^$*%!."

-S-

Quote:
Originally written by Synergy:
Please keep in mind that this disallowment of the CoC is still in effect:

+ Using vulgarity and/or obscenities in any language (whether it's in the open, masked, or abbreviated)

I know that, in most cases, each of us is capable of more creative and succinct adjectives to describe our opinions. That's actually my primary beef with language usage: too many perfectly fine words feel lonely and left out because we instead overuse and render meaningless once perfectly utilitarian words like "awesome," "gay" "discrimination" and "@^$*%!."

-S-
I didn't censor it, the message board did. I'm perfectly capable of deciding what language to use on my own. thanks though.

I think that was the point -- that when you're in a shared space such as these boards, you actually can't choose what words you use. Well, you can, but only within the parameters of the rules set out in the CoC. That you didn't reduce the explitive to asterisks doesn't exactly make your post more praiseworthy...

Quote:
I'm perfectly capable of deciding what language to use on my own.
Yes you are. And you will experience consequences for any choice you make. There are consequences here, if you choose to post thinly-veiled obscenities. I have blotted your poorly-chosen word, since you did not choose to make it more CoC compliant after a friendly reminder. Don't make me do it again.

It is my choice to reasonably honor the parameters set up by the owner of these boards, which I have agreed to do.

-S-

christ, get real dude.

Again, MY CHOICE OF WORDS WAS TRANSPARENT. There was NO deceit on my part. I DID NOT CHOOSE TO VEIL MY CHOICE OF WORDS LIKE YOU ARE SUGGESTING.

But as such, the board did not find my choice acceptable, and changed it accordingly. That is PERFECTLY fine with me. It should be clear that ****-py IS accepted, as the board changed it from crappy to ****-py, adding the dash, instead of just omitting the entire thing completely.

The board changed it - okay, whatever, no one gets hurt, I move on.

HOWEVER, I'm not in the mood to be bossed around by a moderator who feels the need to exercise his phallic rights. It just irks me. I hope you understnad.

Quote:
MY CHOICE OF WORDS WAS TRANSPARENT.
Yes, that was precisely the problem. The letters you left behind were not "-py," lest you are inclined to censor your memory, rather than your choice of words. Apparently, you are having difficulty understanding or accepting what is not okay according to the CoC. The CoC is the law, not the auto-censor function of the board. Please familiarize yourself with it.

There will be no more time wasted on this here.

-S-

shinylock.jpg