Avernum 3: Stuck in Trolgyte Castle Quest

Okay, I am doing the trolgytes the diplomatic way to avoid opening barrier cave. Reason why I want to keep barriers up is to maintain the closure of the pass.

I did the alter quest for corrie, got the papers to get in to the castle. I spoke to the king about the scrolls and recieved the mission to kill the guy below. Before heading off, and without saying im here to kill the king, I opened up and destroyed him and his men. I cleared the place out both up and below, and cant complete the quest by wrapping up with the mayor at sharimik.

please help me?

If you killed King Vothkaro you get a reward from someone who tells you to do it, but it's not the mayor. I believe that quest can only be resolved by doing what Vothkaro says, killing Elhioc, and reporting back. You can kill everyone in Castle Troglo, including the king, afterwards, but not before.

—Alorael, who hopes you can find something to guide you to the next step and dealing with the giants. One way or another you need to bring down the barriers if you want to solve the troglo/giant plague.

Shouldn't this topic be moved to the Avernum Trilogy forum?

Oh and it's Mayor Najib in Aminro that gives a reward for killing King Vothkaro.

Randomizer, isn't the Troglodyte/Giant quest resolved by bring down the barrier? That opens the way between the two races and lets them fight each other instead of the humans. I don't know why anyone wouldn't want to do that quest.

The Hint guide says that you don't have to visit the troglodytes at all, you can go straight to the giants for the map to the concealed tunnel where you bring down the barrier.

I want to finish it. I will try animaro, now if I had a previous save game i would reload and redo it by finishing the quest and then killing off the entirety of the castle.

Now I have two Options, start a new game, or just do with an open quest forever.

I killed the giants and the troglytes in half an hour with a singleton party.

• 3 weeks later...