Geneforge 5 - Strategy Central[G5]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The Geneforge Wiki doesn't cover strategy, though. If there are specific pages on it that end up covering strategy and are worth linking to here, that's one thing, but last time I checked there weren't any.

Edit: And the "forums"? Seriously? They have only a handful of posts, pretty much zero content, and don't offer anything that you can't find on this forum. Content first, link second, not the other way around!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

No. G4 was both more linear, and hyperfocused on Shaper/Rebel reputation; almost every quest affected it and many were affected by it. It isn't nearly as significant in G5. If you want to, you can just do a batch find of the scripts folder for the SDF associated with your reputation, and it will show you every instance your reputation is modified or checked.

• 2 weeks later...

This makes items in inventory much more visible. It will also make the "load saved game" files, "traffic signs" and "info" screens background grey but still readable. (They all use the same targa file as background.)

If anyone finds this idea helpful, but wants text more vivid against the grey background, I think I can edit the text colors.

www.freewebs.com/microphage/gf5visual.ZIP

(Note: If you cycle back here without getting the file just copy and paste the link in a new browser window.)

To make items in inventory much easier to see this G143.tga file has been modified to make the background 2 shades of grey instead solid black. Some item icons were nearly invisible because they were black, or close to black themselves.

Saltweed, Swamp Herbs, Wiry Moss and belts for example. You could still mouse over them and see the text info.

The file goes in the Geneforge 5\Geneforge 5 Files\Graphics Core\ folder.

As always, be sure to make backup before changing file.

-=microphage=-

More cheats here

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The only difference in Torment is enemies are a lot tougher. If you optimize to kill very tough enemies you can also kill less tough enemies.

The strategies given here tend to be the best someone has devised (or, in many cases, just exhaustive lists). On Torment you may have to come pretty close to making your character perfectly and making the right choices if you don't want to fall behind the curve. On lower difficulties you don't, and you can in fact have a perfectly enjoyable game playing a decidedly non-optimal challenge character.

—Alorael, who would say that how much you need to optimize depends on your skill at playing and your familiarity with the system as well as how much of a challenge you want. All this will work for anyone and may make the game less fun if you're playing on an easy setting.

Originally Posted By: Lentils = Tanks. Slow but deadly
The only difference in Torment is enemies are a lot tougher. If you optimize to kill very tough enemies you can also kill less tough enemies.

But wait. I've seen other players say that Mental Magic becomes extremely useful on Torment, but is merely a gimmick on Easy.

On Torment, enemies are much more powerful compared to you than they are on easy. Stealing some and making them fight for you is a huge advantage. On Easy, enemies are pathetic compared to you. You can still use them to kill each other and they're about equally effective at any difficulty, but on Torment you need to turn your foes against each other because you can't fight them all yourself and on Easy you can steamroll over everyone and everything.

—Alorael, who actually agrees that Mental Magic isn't the most effective tactic on Easy. It's a fine tactic, but it requires more effort and more essence than just blasting your way through, which can also just be more satisfying.

• 2 weeks later...
Originally Posted By: Randomizer
We are still waiting for Synergy to post his humogous Item List.

I haven't made an items list for this game, but will quite likely be back in listly form with one for Avernum 6. I would have been interested to know how many people find an items list with locations to be something useful for their gameplay. I know why I personally started making them: for convenience in maximizing a game in replay, and to save wasted time looking for things when you are ready for them, but can't remember where you saw them earlier.

-S-

• 2 weeks later...
Quote:
Spoken like a true treasure-hoarding drake.

Hi Slarty — yeah, I just meant I was curious how many people use the lists and how they use them. There's no practical way I could know, and I don't mean to be asking specifically. A personal musing by a curious sort.

-S-

Please don't make me beg, Lord Synergy.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This is my archive of creations (Note: it contains Weaknesses and resistances of creations in it)

(Note: I will add creations to this list over time it will contain every creation including ones you cannot shape Such as the golem or worm)

This is Velzans archive laugh Please add it

http://www.ironycentral.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=172700&gonew=1#UNREAD

Hey I know theres already a link to a shaping/magic editor but in case anyone finds it useful heres another one: http://www.ironycentral.com/forum/ubbthr...7935#Post157935 - just click the rapidshare link there, back up the file it says to then copy/paste it into the file it says then at the starter place go to the pacification pylon (where the roamer is) and go to its controls, you can choose to get a bunch of things its there in the thread. Hope this helps somebody!