Questons of the Newb about Blades

Acky

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: Niemand
However the first thing in is the answer to Ackrovan's second question in to post prior to mine.

The Sword clearly works outside of KoL. tongue

The thread Niemand linked to has this information, which Ackrovan asked about.:

Special Skills (Bought Levels

Quick Strike: Dexterity 8, Melee or Pole Weapons 6
Parry: Dex 8, Defense 6
Blademaster: Melee 6, Pole 6, Strength 8
Anatomy: Intelligence 6, Melee or Pole 8
Gymnastics: Strength 8, Dex 10
Pathfinder: Int 8, Nature Lore 6 (note that base Nature Lore depends on Intelligence)
Magery: Int 10, Mage or Priest Spells 6
Resistance: Dex 10, Endurance 11, Hardiness 8
Magical Efficiency: Magery 8, End 11
Lethal Blow: Anatomy 8, Blademaster 8
Riposte: Parry 8, Blademaster 6
Sharpshooter: Dex 6, Bows or Thrown Weapons 8

So, to be able to train in, say, Magery, you need an Intelligence of 10, and Mage or Priest Spells level of 6. I'm pretty sure that item bonuses will not count, but skills bought from trainers will.

• 2 weeks later...
Originally Posted By: Lazarus.
Nothing wrong with "Twisting confusing dungeons, which may be designed with the intention of getting the player lost." Nothing wrong with towns containing bread-- even towns containing exclusively bread. Nothing wrong with.... alright I still say no Barney dragons. tongue

I felt your rules quite valid even if some disagree.

A true maze is repetitive and will lost any players, that is bad gameplay design in any way you look at it. A false maze can be fun but a false maze isn't a maze.

For a town full of bread and no story justifying it is just weird and poor design. But you could probably imagine some story background that give it some sense.

For Barney dragons, well since Doom user made addon I have seen stuff like that and it's always been crap to my eyes.

Originally Posted By: Vent
I felt your rules quite valid even if some disagree.

A true maze is repetitive and will lost any players, that is bad gameplay design in any way you look at it. A false maze can be fun but a false maze isn't a maze.

For a town full of bread and no story justifying it is just weird and poor design. But you could probably imagine some story background that give it some sense.

For Barney dragons, well since Doom user made addon I have seen stuff like that and it's always been crap to my eyes.

You don't get jokes, do you?

• 4 months later...

Read Thuryl's post and then read yours. Things should click.

Originally Posted By: Thuryl on Jan 26, 2009
You don't get jokes, do you?

Originally Posted By: Ackrovan on May 30, 2009
Edit: Nevermind. I got it. Thanks anyway

Dikiyoba thinks this is an argument for leaving the original content of the post intact and just editing the new information in below it.

I take it that you are having some kind of difficulty with the scenario 'Amnesia'. If this indeed the case, then it would not be unreasonable at all to start a new thread for your questions. However, you are also probably going to have to state one or more more specific questions that you would like answered about that scenario before people will be able to help you.