Can't Install Avernum 3

madrigan

"Get Info" on the installer and see if you can choose the installer itself as the application that will open it. Sometimes that works. Otherwise, try downloading the file from another mirror just in case you're getting a bad file.

—Alorael, who isn't sure why OS X has trouble treating apps as apps.

Hi everybody. The OS does not give me the option of opening the file with itself. I tried switching from Recommended Programs to All Programs, but it's still grayed out.

Not 100% sure I know what you mean by "classic." Do you mean am I running a Mac Classic? Or a really old version of the OS? Or a Power PC based Mac? No to all.

Originally Posted By: madrigan
Tyranicus had it right -- no expander! I should have thought of that. It looks like you have to take a "special offer" to get the free Stuffit now, but I found this and it worked fine.

Thanks to all.

How odd. It installed just fine without any need for special offers from the VersionTracker link I posted.

Originally Posted By: Tyranicus
Originally Posted By: madrigan
Tyranicus had it right -- no expander! I should have thought of that. It looks like you have to take a "special offer" to get the free Stuffit now, but I found this and it worked fine.

Thanks to all.

How odd. It installed just fine without any need for special offers from the VersionTracker link I posted.

I tried to download it right from the Smith Micro site, got irritated with the runaround and the ads, and went looking for an alternative. Which just goes to show, if you make your product more difficult to get, a percentage of people will use something else.